Sling mobile for IPAD

I just downloaded the app on my iPad and it seems to work with the 922! The only down side is the quality seems to only work in standard mode. What I mean by this is, if I press HQ mode, the app pauses and says switching to high quality, and then returns to playback but is still in SD mode. I am assuming this is related to the fact the 922 still only seems to stream 640x480 at best (unless an OTA channel is streaming HD to the web based dish app).

I am wondering if the 922 will ever stream HD.

I just downloaded the app on my iPad and it seems to work with the 922! The only down side is the quality seems to only work in standard mode. What I mean by this is, if I press HQ mode, the app pauses and says switching to high quality, and then returns to playback but is still in SD mode. I am assuming this is related to the fact the 922 still only seems to stream 640x480 at best (unless an OTA channel is streaming HD to the web based dish app).

I am wondering if the 922 will ever stream HD.

I'm getting HQ from my 922 (HQ doesn't mean HD)

Whatever, Mr. Pessimist. It will once it gets the same streaming software as the Sling Adapter.

WHAT EVER DUSTOMAN. I consider myself a realist ,not a pessimist. When it comes to 14 years of history with DISH ,I can tell you this much: Most promised features rarely make it to the receiver and when they do , they rarely function like they are supposed to.

Most promised features rarely make it to the receiver and when they do , they rarely function like they are supposed to.
I thought like this too, for years in fact. But then NBR finally made it to my 501 and I had to admit they didn't throw us 501 users over the transom after all.

I thought like this too, for years in fact. But then NBR finally made it to my 501 and I had to admit they didn't throw us 501 users over the transom after all.

True, they did give the 500 series name based recording ,but these receivers will be bricked soon enough, due to the all mpeg 4 transition that is coming for western arc subs. Eastern arc already can't use the 500 series of dvrs. All mpeg 4 receivers for eastern arc subs.

WHAT EVER DUSTOMAN. I consider myself a realist ,not a pessimist. When it comes to 14 years of history with DISH ,I can tell you this much: Most promised features rarely make it to the receiver and when they do , they rarely function like they are supposed to.

As someone who was looking forward to the DLNA streaming that was shown off at CES working on a 722 a couple years back, I know exactly what you are talking about. However, a realist would also not completely write off the receiver entirely as you seem to have. Especially since there has been two software updates since Charlie's epic 923 "slip of the tongue" that had all you "realists" running to the top of every hill declaring that the box is dead. You may of written off the 922 and gone to the 722, but there are still people that are sticking with it because it continues to improve with each update. (And $4/month isn't as big of a deal to me as it seems to be for you.)

As someone who was looking forward to the DLNA streaming that was shown off at CES working on a 722 a couple years back, I know exactly what you are talking about. However, a realist would also not completely write off the receiver entirely as you seem to have. Especially since there has been two software updates since Charlie's epic 923 "slip of the tongue" that had all you "realists" running to the top of every hill declaring that the box is dead. You may of written off the 922 and gone to the 722, but there are still people that are sticking with it because it continues to improve with each update. (And $4/month isn't as big of a deal to me as it seems to be for you.)

Fair enough and I hope that the 922 will continue to get better . But I am betting that it will be little more than a 722k with a souped up hard drive , new menus, guides etc. As far as dnla support , I have that through the google box too. So I can do this with the 722k and the google box just fine. The $4.00 thing bothers me because I can do all that the 922 can do with a 722k and sling adapter + google box and avoid the monthly fee. That monthly fee turns into $48.00 a year with the 922 to be able to do for FREE with the 722k+ google box and sling adapter. I am betting that DISH will be headed in the same direction as DIRECTV has done, come next January at CES. They are already behind the competition at DIRECTV and at ATT Uverse. But if DISH actually does keep making the 922 better , I will be surprised ,because history shows they usually move on to another receiver every 1 -2 years and the support for the older receiver features drops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)