Sling player banned from iPhone apps?

This is just a rumor still. In fact I reported two weeks ago that sources have told me Apple approved the app. (however with that said AT&T could have still given it the thumbs down.)

I really hope that the AT&T iPhone deal ends in 2010. :)

Thanks for the clarification that it is a rumor. But the policy changes ATT has been trying to do lately are very stupid.

Most of the people I know like iPhone, but really hate ATT. I hope apple does not extend deal with ATT.

Also, I want to see a CDMA version of iPhone.

I can see why ATT would be hesitant to allow sling on the iphone, their 3G system seems to be straining as it is to keep up with the normal iPhone apps. More towers, more towers ATT needs a lot more capacity to keep up.

Also I wonder how fast sling can go through the 5GB soft limit of wireless?

Just got this from Sling...

Hey Scott:
We submitted our app to Apple a few weeks ago and as of this morning we are still waiting for approval. We are in contact with Apple, but we have no news, yes or no at this point.

Best,
Jay Tannenbaum

Why did Apple give ATT such deal in the first place?

In addition, the story goes that many changes needed to be made on the carrier's side to support features like visual voice mail. Plus, Apple wanted control of the user experience with iTunes, and didn't want buying an iPhone to be like buying a typical cell phone. Supposedly, AT&T was the only company to agree to all this and take a chance on a new, unproven product.

So, they get props for at least being a bit innovative. It would be great, though, if the iPhone were available to anyone on any carrier.

I hope this not true.... i just upgraded my slingbox for this (since the legacy one wont work with the iphone app).

Well we won't know for sure until the true info comes out, but I can see AT&T working to prevent its release. There was such a cry when they tried to change their TOS that now they could be working through back channels to prevent the apps in the first place.

In addition, the story goes that many changes needed to be made on the carrier's side to support features like visual voice mail. Plus, Apple wanted control of the user experience with iTunes, and didn't want buying an iPhone to be like buying a typical cell phone. Supposedly, AT&T was the only company to agree to all this and take a chance on a new, unproven product.

So, they get props for at least being a bit innovative. It would be great, though, if the iPhone were available to anyone on any carrier.

Verizon passed since they were unwilling to do the revenue share with Apple. AT&T was willing, so here we are. Where I live it is a toss up. I have an iPhone. My wife has VZW. We have found service to be comparable in our travels with one or the other being better in a particular locale.

I like GSM for international travel, and I do not like VZW's tendency to kill built-in features in their handsets and run custom versions of software that are inexplicably slower than on the same handset from other carriers, so I do not plan to change any time soon.

Ted

The real truth is that the Slingplayer will be made available for the 3 Gen. IPHONE only. Why because the next IPHONE will use ATT 4 g network which will be faster with a whole lotta of bandwidth.

Sound on my CW and CBS

Questions about purchasing a receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)