Sling Player for Android... 922 support?

Downloaded app to my Droid.

Entered email and password.

Found my Sling Pro-HD and connected in about 5 seconds.

Now, tell me more about that rebate and how to get it.

That is the process for those of us with Sling Pro-HDs, not for those with 922s, which is apparently where the problem is. :)

the android app works with the 922. you have to slingaccounts.com log in with your dishnetwork account info. register new receiver and put your sling id in and nickname.for the sling id hit menu twice on your dish remote the id is at the bottom and write down the password for later. once you register your 922 should be able to be seen . go slingplayer app login with dish account email. if its ask for password use the one from earlier and check admin

the android app works with the 922. you have to slingaccounts.com log in with your dishnetwork account info. register new receiver and put your sling id in and nickname.for the sling id hit menu twice on your dish remote the id is at the bottom and write down the password for later. once you register your 922 should be able to be seen . go slingplayer app login with dish account email. if its ask for password use the one from earlier and check admin

You arnt understanding! We are doing just what u state above, but it comes back and says invalid id! Do u have the android app working with a 922?

This is what I did. I went to slingbox.com. Up in the top right corner is a Log in link, click it. Make an account (if you don't already have one, I had one from posting on their forums wondering when the 922 would be supported by the Windows/OS X software).

Once you've made an account and are logged into it, go back to slingbox.com, where there was a Log in link you should have your email address up there. Click on your email address.

This will take you into your profile. Along the left side there is a set of buttons, click on the one labeled SlingBox Directory.

Now click on the Add A SlingBox button.

You'll get a popup asking for some information. SlingBox ID can be found on your 922 by pressing the menu button twice on the remote. It will be labeled Sling Finder ID on the System Info screen that comes up.

The name for the SlingBox can be whatever you want.

The password will be "admin" (don't include the quotes). (Yes the 922's password is fixed to admin and can't be changed, it's dumb but it's true). Ignore the Sling Password in the System Information screen, it's not needed.

Check the Login as Administrator box.

Click Save.

Go to your Android device and log into the account you've made on the sling site. When it tries to connect to your 922 it'll ask for the password for it again, enter "admin" and you should be in.

I got it working on my Droid. I am 800 miles away from my receiver, and looking at my system info screen the second digit of my Sling ID looked like a 1, for the heck of it I made the 1 a f and it took it. The weird thing is, i read the id I was using to 2 different dish techs, and they said it was correct with the 1 as the second digit.....anywho, its working now......pretty cool!

This is what I did. I went to slingbox.com. Up in the top right corner is a Log in link, click it. Make an account (if you don't already have one, I had one from posting on their forums wondering when the 922 would be supported by the Windows/OS X software).

Once you've made an account and are logged into it, go back to slingbox.com, where there was a Log in link you should have your email address up there. Click on your email address.

This will take you into your profile. Along the left side there is a set of buttons, click on the one labeled SlingBox Directory.

Now click on the Add A SlingBox button.

You'll get a popup asking for some information. SlingBox ID can be found on your 922 by pressing the menu button twice on the remote. It will be labeled Sling Finder ID on the System Info screen that comes up.

The name for the SlingBox can be whatever you want.

The password will be "admin" (don't include the quotes). (Yes the 922's password is fixed to admin and can't be changed, it's dumb but it's true). Ignore the Sling Password in the System Information screen, it's not needed.

Check the Login as Administrator box.

Click Save.

Go to your Android device and log into the account you've made on the sling site. When it tries to connect to your 922 it'll ask for the password for it again, enter "admin" and you should be in.

Thanks
That worked for me on my 922 and evo.

When I try to log in with the android client, I get a message saying that the e-mail id or password is not valid. When I go to slingaccounts.com, using the same e-mail and password, I can get into the site just fine.

Anyone else have this problem?

Looks like there will not be a rebate for android users. I purchased the app and it works very well. I do wish that the HDMI out on the EVO was activated though - would make the application near perfect.

iPhone/iPod touch

SlingPlayer Mobile is compatible with all versions of the iPhone and iPod touch. You will need to purchase SlingPlayer Mobile from iTunes App Store and be reimbursed by DISH. Please note, only one SlingPlayer Mobile App credit per DISH Network account.

Android

SlingPlayer Mobile is now compatible with Android mobile phones, and is available for purchase in the Android Market. A separate DISH Remote Access application will be available for FREE in the Android Market in the near future. Please check back often for updates on when the FREE DISH Remote Access application will be available.

Would be silly for them to offer it to iPhone users and not Android users. As long as you haven't taken advantage of the credit for the iPhone I don't really see why they'd refuse you on Android. Guess time will tell.

I have a call into them on a rebate for Android devices. I can't imagine them excluding those users after all its helping to sell their product. :)

The HDMI connector does not work on sling, darn it!

Looks like they didn't use a VideoView object for the video otherwise the HDMI would just work. I checked and they didn't deliberately disable HDMI on the EVO (com.sprint.android.permission.DISABLE_HDMI). Looking at VideoView it looks like it assumes that you can give it a URI that's just a stream of video in a format Android already knows about, which probably isn't how Sling works.

At this point I think there's only one released Android handset with the HDMI (the EVO) but others are coming, so they may have just punted on it for now to wait for a unified method of handling it in Android that isn't handset specific.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)