Sling Player for google tv demo!

When I played with it it worked with the 922 and also the Sling Adapter. :)

I am hearing the beta will be open to all when it opens. :)

Word if the sling app will be in HD? I am planning on buying a revue($200 on amazon) for my second tv on the 922.
This would make the revue more appealing to consumers.

Word if the sling app will be in HD? I am planning on buying a revue($200 on amazon) for my second tv on the 922.
This would make the revue more appealing to consumers.
And also obviate the need for the Sling Extender. One of those engadget stills shows: auto, basic, good, better, best (HD), so I think the answer is "Yes".

I doubt this will obviate the need for a Sling Extender. First, the Sling Extender gives you a DISH GUI and a DISH remote. Second, the Sling Extender gives you full HD. I'm willing to bet this isn't full HD. Plus, the interface and control of the app is simply the same as the Sling app for Android phones, which is ok for remote Slingboxes, but for every day use instead of an actual dedicated receiver, I suspect will be maddening.

Besides, my Revue is in the same room as my 722. I need a Sling Extender for the OTHER rooms.

The trick play controls look like the mobile player. But according to the video referenced in the OP, you can type G on your Revue remote and get a guide that looks almost identical and functions the same way as a Dish DVR guide, and D brings up the menus for recorded programs that also looks and functions just like the Dish DVR menu. I don't think this requires integration, or else you couldn't roam with the Revue as stated in the video.

I'm psyched. ;)

Something tells me that this app will be better once its finished, just think about it people who don't buy a revue will end up buying TV's that have google tv integrated.
the lag between thing MAY be a thing for people with slingboxes (due to a delay to send the commands to the IR blaster). It would be great if dish offered full integration with the app to support dish sling hardware in order to avoid this menu lag(922 and sling adapter for the 722k)

Dish better hurry up and release the sling receiver or else I'm buying the next gen of google tv hardware thats released.

This is interesting as a sling receiver alternative. I know you can use the Revue without a box but does getting it from Dish require the $4 commitment. Can I take advantage of the $180 price and not use it with a DVR and avoid the $4 fee? Or is getting the price break mean that I am locked into paying the fee.

from what I understand dish sold it to a member for the special $179 price tag with the integration fee($4) when he called to remove the integration they wanted him to send the revue back.

a revue can be obtained without strings attached for $200~$215 at amazon.
Amazon.com: Logitech Revue Companion Box with Google TV and Keyboard Controller: Electronics

*MSRP is $299, discounted price is for DISH Network customers only. Limit one per account. Monthly DVR Integration Service will apply.
from http://www.dishnetwork.com/googletv/default.aspx

Last edited:
Yeah I might go the Amazon route, but I am going to wait for some user reviews on the beta with the Sling Adapter. If Dish would just release the sling catcher I would buy it in a second.

Joseph is right, I chatted with dish today and they told me that I could get a revue for $179 since I did not have a compatible receiver on my account.(I have a 922 and a 211k which are not supported) without the integration fee.

He did however state that compatible receivers need the integration fee.(I would double check on this since the csr might be misinformed,better yet have someone from the DIRT team get more info)

Still $179 is cheaper than $215 But I'm holding out until the app is fully developed and maybe then buy the newest google tv hardware, or a revue if the price drops significantly.

If you've got a 722, the integration fee cannot be removed. Each time you remove it, it adds itself back. This was verified by DIRT, even though there were quite a few subscribers who removed the integration fee previously. Dish decided that the fee was mandatory somewhere along the way.

from what I understand dish sold it to a member for the special $179 price tag with the integration fee($4) when he called to remove the integration they wanted him to send the revue back.

a revue can be obtained without strings attached for $200~$215 at amazon.
Amazon.com: Logitech Revue Companion Box with Google TV and Keyboard Controller: Electronics

from http://www.dishnetwork.com/googletv/default.aspx

And Dish lost a good sub over it too.

IF you buy your own unit from Best Buy, they can't make you take the $4.00 integration fee. I had the fee and then decided it wasn't worth it and took it back off online. It still shows that you can add it online if you want to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts