Sling player now available for iPhone

Yup I grabbed it this morning. It takes some getting use to but works. :)

Now to get it working on 3G and I will be happy. (And I am working on that right now) :D

Ouch, $30, and only on wi-fi.

Any word on the "remote" application they were supposed to have also released at some point, which only lets you manage your DVR?

Ouch, $30, and only on wi-fi.

Any word on the "remote" application they were supposed to have also released at some point, which only lets you manage your DVR?

It works. You can do it through the slingguide log in site. I play with it messing with my wife. She hates it when I do that.:D

It works. You can do it through the slingguide log in site. I play with it messing with my wife. She hates it when I do that.:D

I believe they were supposed to have a dedicated iPhone app, not just the mobile web interface.

Kind of like how people use the yelp app instead of yelp.com.

Go to Dish.Sling.COM and login. There is a pull down menu and selected Remote Control. Then you can remote control your DVR. :)

There is an application coming out in June which will put the Dish Remote in an application so you dont have to go to the Sling site to do it.

I am liking the Slingplayer application (even on 3G) :D

There is an application coming out in June which will put the Dish Remote in an application so you dont have to go to the Sling site to do it.

That's one thing I'm looking for. I lose my remote to much. Be nice to be able to change channels without having to find my remote, or going through the rigmarole of dish.sling.com on my iPhone. Besides the cool factor of controlling stuff over the internet a la the Big Bang Theory:)

Without 3G support the $30 price tag is WAY too much. I know that is not Sling's fault, it is AT&T. But I will have my laptop anywhere I go where there is Wifi, so why would I chose to watch it on my phone?

The only REALLY appealing thing about this application is if it ran on 3G. As it, $30 is just way unreasonable.

I completely blame AT&T on this one. Basically, they said their network was too lame to have all these iPhone customers slinging their content. YOU NEED TO UPGRADE AT&T! The only reason that Blackberry's are allowed to Sling over 3G on AT&T is because not nearly as many people who have Blackberry's are this tech savvy to sling. But iPhone users have shown to REALLY use their phones to the max, and it scares AT&T that their networks would die if they allowed it.

Oh well.

SlingPlayer works pretty good on 3G. Except that the network is crap most of the places I actually try to use it :)

How is it that you guys are so easily able to flaunt the latest AT&T TOS? Aren't you risking a rather large bill?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)