sling ports and IP addresses........

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mx023

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
EASTSIDE
just wondering if anybody knows the port and IP address required to get sling through a secure firewall like a school systems firewall. I'm a teacher at a public school system and the IT guy at school will open up the firewall but needs to know the port and IP address to allow.

sry if it has been answered in the sling review thread but that is 19 pages long and couldn't find my answer with the search option.

plus seems like quite a few people would also want to know this. I can't be the only one out there wanting to config a firewall for sling apps.

edit : i hope i'm not anyway

thnx for the link interesting stuff, but i'm wondering more for a sling adapter on a 722k and trying to watch my tv2 at school. Need to know what IP address from sling that we need to allow through the firewall. I have permission I just can't find out which IP address. We tried the IP address from my receiver but my mobile device connects to the sling/DRA server, so that didn't work.

You have to connect to the Dish sling adapter through dishonline.com or dish.sling.com. Connecting to a port is only supported by the standalone sling boxes. So, if you are using the dish 722k sling adapter or the 922 you have to use the online via a browser or the dish mobile app on iphone/android.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)