Sling Problem

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I bought a Sling just before leaving on vacation with the intenet to use it remotely. The problem is it doesn't connect most of the time and it is frustrating. I know my internet connection is excellent so it isn't on my end. The error I get is to check that my DVR is on. The Hopper shuts it's self down after so much inactivity, so when I want to access it remotely being on shouldn't be the issue because it should start up when needed, right? Any ideas why this shouldn't work all the time when internet is excellent? Thanks

I bought a Sling just before leaving on vacation with the intenet to use it remotely. The problem is it doesn't connect most of the time and it is frustrating. I know my internet connection is excellent so it isn't on my end. The error I get is to check that my DVR is on. The Hopper shuts it's self down after so much inactivity, so when I want to access it remotely being on shouldn't be the issue because it should start up when needed, right? Any ideas why this shouldn't work all the time when internet is excellent? Thanks

Is there a green, yellow or gray circle next to your receiver in the "My Receivers" tab? The Hopper will turn on if it is in standby when you begin viewing remotely.

Even with the "my recievers" green, it still doesn't work. I checked it before I left home and it worked great. Now it won't connect at all. So any ideas? Thanks

How are you streaming? If you are using an app with your phone try and go into settings and log out and then back in if you haven't yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)