sling success!

R0ss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
Ayer, Ma
So far my sling adapter works just fine. I just watched some tv on my DroidX on my home wireless network. PQ was very acceptable, smooth, and no pixelation. Im happy..722 is on wireless also.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

its almost the divine comedy when we have to celebrate a piece of dish technology actually working. :)

Mine has always worked. It no longer works on my Cliq xt, but that is the fault of the phone.To old of an Android operating system.

Has worked on vacation when I get any speed from my free wi fi from my hotel.It usually is to slow though.Not the fault of the sling adapter.

Ron

TG2 said:
its almost the divine comedy when we have to celebrate a piece of dish technology actually working. :)

Ya but the first one was DOA, and there have been quite a few posts about sling issues in the forum.
Frankly I was a bit nervous. It took a couple of hours after I plugged it in for the "live tv" icon to show up on my phone

Ross

You said on your home wireless network. I have a Samsung Epic 4g, and as long as I have 2 bars of signal, mine streams just fine. Even driving down the road in the car, whatever I'm doing, it holds the stream just fine.

You said on your home wireless network. I have a Samsung Epic 4g, and as long as I have 2 bars of signal, mine streams just fine. Even driving down the road in the car, whatever I'm doing, it holds the stream just fine.

Man if you watching TV while DRIVING down the road, :eek: I'm REALLY GLAD we don't live close to each other. :D

iwannarock1 said:

Hope u aren't watching while driving...:) my DroidX is 3g, pq under 3g is fine as well. Don't fore see watching tv while driving....but it would be a good test to see how well it works in a moving car, as apassenger of course.

Ross

Every time I pick a show to watch, it sends me to showtime 2, just hooked this up this weekend. tried from home network and now from another computer. Oh and same results from droid X.

Trey

Every time I pick a show to watch, it sends me to showtime 2, just hooked this up this weekend. tried from home network and now from another computer. Oh and same results from droid X.
Trey
need to be a little more specific.
Which site? Dish Remote Access? or Dish Online (both completely different if you've not seen them)
Watching a LIVE tv program or something that is recorded on your DVR? Or DishOnline ... is it coming from a 3rd party site?

One thing what you say sounds like.. is that regardless of DRA or DO, when I click an option to watch a Live TV channel.. the first thing that comes through is what ever channel was last tuned to, on the real physical DVR sitting in my family room. After a few seconds (up to 2 minutes when DO is slow) the channel changes from what is displayed to what I wanted to be displayed.

And this all assumes you have access rights to that content ... if you're trying to watch HBO and its not part of your dish package... then you're not going to get HBO unless you upgrade your dish package.

So ... did that cover it? or do we need more info to help you?

So far my sling adapter works just fine. I just watched some tv on my DroidX on my home wireless network. PQ was very acceptable, smooth, and no pixelation. Im happy..722 is on wireless also
That is great! I am close to a post that gives my thoughts about the sling adapter. You can guess what it will be. Mine fails 90% of the time.

RT.

I've never had any problem with it either. The only problem i've had is with my Cell provider throttling me and the fact that now it own't run on my phone for my android has to old of a version.

I used in in my hotel room last week and as long as the hotel's connection was fast enough all was great. Unfortunately most of the time it was to slow.

need to be a little more specific.
Which site? Dish Remote Access? or Dish Online (both completely different if you've not seen them)
Watching a LIVE tv program or something that is recorded on your DVR? Or DishOnline ... is it coming from a 3rd party site?

One thing what you say sounds like.. is that regardless of DRA or DO, when I click an option to watch a Live TV channel.. the first thing that comes through is what ever channel was last tuned to, on the real physical DVR sitting in my family room. After a few seconds (up to 2 minutes when DO is slow) the channel changes from what is displayed to what I wanted to be displayed.

And this all assumes you have access rights to that content ... if you're trying to watch HBO and its not part of your dish package... then you're not going to get HBO unless you upgrade your dish package.

So ... did that cover it? or do we need more info to help you?

Both sites seem to be doing the same thing.
Tried both live tv and recorded content.
I can log in fine,
I can see my DVR fine,
Pick a show fine,
Then it starts playing whatever is on live on SHO2, logo in the corner of screen.
While displaying the show I picked info.

Heck I don’t know what its doing?

Both sites seem to be doing the same thing.
Tried both live tv and recorded content.
I can log in fine,
I can see my DVR fine,
Pick a show fine,
Then it starts playing whatever is on live on SHO2, logo in the corner of screen.
While displaying the show I picked info.

Heck I don’t know what its doing?
Got ya.. Ok.. that sounds normal ... for the first few seconds.. upto a minute or two .... if it never starts playing your content, close the playback window (Dish Remote Access) or hit the guide (dish online) and try to access that content again.

Though I'd rather point you at Dish Remote Access because its less a problem with LiveTV & DVR stuff than is DO .. dish online.. you click the wrong part of your "DVR" saved item, and its action then is to link you to any content it can find on line.. a prime example (dishonline) of this for me is Late Late Show w/Craig Ferguson .. if I click on that initial "headline" entry for Craig .. it takes me to the next page, opens a windowed area as if to present my DVR playback window.. but puts a graphic in there of a shot of Craig.. if I click the play button at that point ... I'd be getting content from HULU not my DVR .. in DO you'd actually have to "open" the Header entry ... to show the individual recordings, and there click on the micro-sized "Play" icon for it to start that one specific episode..

But... that's not really what we're dealing with I suspect.. what I think you're seeing is the standard "lets connect 'thoot12' to his DVR in progress.. and then we'll get the stream content coming into him"

With Dish Remote Access usually this is 30 seconds or less.. with Dish Online.. I've seen the issue repeatedly not play my content ... despite closing and re-opening the browser ... etc... and with DRA ... if it did that.. I would just (below the video playback window) navigate to the same content, and select the Play on Web option again.. or close down the view window (when dealing with multiple episodes of the same show) and select the item to play again.. rarely did the problem happen more than twice in a row..

**and usually ** if it did happen a third time, I would manually log out of Dish Remote Access, and then restart my browser, go back into DRA and try again which would usually have cleared up the problem.

If that doesn't work.. then you should PM one of the Dish IRT and ask them to get with MATT to have your account wiped on the respective servers..

All of that breaks down with DishOnline.. as of my last check, DO no longer goes through the same process and DO may not have options through Dish IRT to fix user account problems yet.. don't know for sure.. don't even know if the Dish IRT team knows that DishOnline started going through the amazon cloud ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)