Sling TV Account Highjacked

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

schneid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
In the Wind
I had a Sling TV trial account 05/01 - 08/2017 which I cancelled. Yesterday, 6/08/2017, I got two emails from Sling thanking me for reactivating my account and listing a bunch of extra channels I had subscribed to. News to me. I immediately went to Visa to check my account. Sure enough, two charges that day totaling $75.00.

Both Sling and Visa were helpful and took immediate action. My new Visa is on the FedEx truck as I write.

Anyway, just a heads up. Be alert.

I bet you someone had your password and had been watching for several months.

When you cancelled, they went in and reactivated your subscription using the credit card on file.

I doubt anyone has your card info. Just call Dish and make sure your cancelled and change your password.

I don't know how, but someone had gotten my Netflix password.

Only way I realized it was I kept seeing all this crap in my recently viewed list I didn't watch.

Reactions: andy_horton
They were quicker than that. As stated I had first subscribed May 1 and soon cancelled. They got on 30-days after the free trial expired. Probably would have missed had I not subscribed to Arab Mosaic and $75.00 worth of other stuff.

Still struggling trying to pull the plug on DirecTV. I can get all the OTA channels i want, have a 1gb Internet connection, and looking at all the streamers. Getting a "guide" and a DVR solution is holding me back. Not sure assembling and maintaining all these pieces would be cheaper and worth the hassle. An AirTV with the Sling cloud would nice but Sling won't mate their two products.

Reactions: primestar31
I bet you someone had your password and had been watching for several months.

When you cancelled, they went in and reactivated your subscription using the credit card on file.

I doubt anyone has your card info. Just call Dish and make sure your cancelled and change your password.

I don't know how, but someone had gotten my Netflix password.

Only way I realized it was I kept seeing all this crap in my recently viewed list I didn't watch.
That sucks!! Somebody got into my facebook page about a moth ago and sent naked pics of people and spam to a news anchor I am friends with. Facebook let me know they had deleted the pics, and I changed EVERYTHING in the contact info. Updated rmail, 2 phone numbers, password to a complicated one that I can easily remember, and turned on the 2 step process. Also sent a message to my news anchor friend who is married and happens to be a female, and apologized. She was cool with it

My wife's FB account was recently hacked also. Compared to you, she was lucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)