SLING TV Begins Cloud DVR Beta

I will be interested how much pause on live tv and how responsive is rw and ff.
Is it slip or skip?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

DVR functionality not available on all channels.

WTF?! I've never encountered any such restrictions on Vue. This falls into deal-breaker territory if it's one of the ten channels I regularly watch.

I read elsewhere online that the only channels without DVR are the Disney/ESPN channels. I'm guessing all "Sling Blue" channels support DVR.

Personally, I'm less interested in DVR'ing live, but being able to watch stuff that has already been on.

With a limit on hours, I'm hoping it has an option for the number of programs under a certain title it'll record.

I'm interested in a DVR solution for local OTA channels that doesn't involve paying TiVo a lifetime subscription and $400 for the box.

Check out tablo it has been great for me
Well it's $200 for the unit and $150 for the lifetime guide sub so that puts you at $350 -- then you still need to purchase a USB drive and a streaming device (like Roku, FireTV, etc.) So it's really makes it no cheaper than the $400 TiVo option that the poster didn't like. That said, Tablo does offer better expandability though.

I use my Windows Media Center on my Win7 PC as there is no cost for the guide or DVR functionality. I then use Emby to view live TV or recordings on my Roku. It's a somewhat clunky interface and there is some software setup to do on the PC -- but you can do it all wit zero cost. Emby offers some additional bell-and-whistles for a monthly, yearly, or lifetime charge (but it isn't required). I just looked a Tablo and it has a MUCH slicker interface for Roku, but it comes with a rather pricey cost. If I could get both the box and the lifetime for $200ish I'd buy it.

I'm new to Sling TV but so far really like it. I know that Sling TV has just started this new DVR feature. Does anyone know the project timeline as to when this might become available to all users? I know the 'beta program' is currently full. I haven't seen any posting or website information talking about the projected timeline for the general release. Thanks.

I was added to the beta program about 10 days ago. I guess they're slowly adding more users before going public with it. Haven't had much of a chance to use it yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)