Sling TV is About to Add All of Your Local Stations With This New Device…

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
http://cordcuttersnews.com/sling-tv-is-about-to-add-all-of-your-local-stations-with-this-new-device/

Love Sling TV? Love your Antenna? Wish you could get both through one interface? According to this FCC filing Sling TV is about to add all the local stations you pick up with an antenna to their streaming service.

The addition of local TV stations will be done by a new box called AirTV. The AirTV box will allow you to plug in your antenna and it will then stream your local stations inside your Sling TV app (Note you will still need an antenna for this to work).

This and the cloud DVR might just push me to subscribe. Other considerations are channel selections and picture quality, especially with sports.

On college football game days, it's been a pain to toggle between games on cable sports channels via PS Vue and the ones on the major networks I watch OTA. This would come in quite handy, but not for $150 unless it let me record the content from my local channels via Sling's forthcoming DVR. I would consider switching for that. It will be interesting to see if the PQ is as good as direct OTA through this new device.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)