Sling TV Pitches Discounted AirTV Player Bundle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
An hour ago I ordered a Roku Premiere plus refurbished by Roku $68.64 to my door, this gets me HDR and Dolby Vision, plus HDR from Amazon Video. I read everything I could find about the Air Tv Box, no indication that it does HDR.
Dan

Don't recall any roku box supporting Dolby vision. Maybe I missed it.

No hdr on airtv. That's not a deal breaker. I have hdr elsewhere when needed. The complete integration is what I liked about airtv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would this box offer any advantage over Roku or Fire TV other then a channel guide integration?

I guess the biggest thing would be OTA integration, unless that was what you were referring to with the "guide integration" statement you mentioned. When used with the AirTV OTA Adapter, The AirTV allows you to view your local OTA channels and integrates them into the SlingTV Program Guide.

I guess the biggest thing would be OTA integration, unless that was what you were referring to with the "guide integration" statement you mentioned. When used with the AirTV OTA Adapter, The AirTV allows you to view your local OTA channels and integrates them into the SlingTV Program Guide.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. That would be a nice feature, but I'm not sure it would be worth even the discounted price of $50 for that alone. Can anyone speak to quality/strength of the OTA tuner?

Yes, that is what I was referring to. That would be a nice feature, but I'm not sure it would be worth even the discounted price of $50 for that alone. Can anyone speak to quality/strength of the OTA tuner?

I will say it's better than my tablo was and the samsung tv built in tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: buckeyebrian
Yes its a Google TV box. :) (Basically an unlocked FireTV box.)
I don't know if that's really an advantage though.

You can sideload any app on the fire TV with little effort.

And if you have prime already, the fire TV has great integration with that service.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

whoops, I thought you said record content initially. I don't know, I don't have anything to plug in to test.

As for the second question that actually was about recording... I don't know if it will with an OS update.

If it's an Android TV box, does that mean the PS Vue app for Android will work on it? I know I probably won't get OTA integration with Vue's guide, but if I still can use the OTA tuner separately...

Ps Vue has not released an app for the Android TV platform yet. But if they did then it would work.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Ps Vue has not released an app for the Android TV platform yet. But if they did then it would work.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
So even though Air TV is being discussed here as an Android TV device, it's not compatible with the PS Vue Android app for tablets, phones, smart TVs running on the Android platform or the Nvidia Shield? (I've been watching Vue on my Android tablet since last fall.)

Reactions: primestar31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts