Sling TV’s Subscriber Numbers Keep Growing-250,000

Well, 250K is nothing to sneeze at. Nevertheless, it's clearly not setting the world on fire.

Well, 250K is nothing to sneeze at. Nevertheless, it's clearly not setting the world on fire.

It's not a bad start. The service has only existed for about 4 months. I wonder how many subscribers Dish had for their satellite delivered TV service 4 months in. I'm not saying Sling TV will ever get as big as Dish but even the big providers must have started out pretty small.

And Sling is entering a VASTLY more crowded market than most any that came before. I think it is a darn impressive number

a quarter of a million in just a few months. That is outstanding. The real comparison will be how well Sony and Apple TV do when they finally come out. They will be charging significantly more per month (believed to be around $50 per month). Right now, SlingTV is the only live TV OTT service for only $20--a tempting price--that come with a decent number and popular channels. However, it would be interesting if SlingTV ever discloses how many of its subscribers add one of the additional packages with more channels. It's all cable/sat all over again, but on the internet. While there are some limitations to SlingTV, it is clearly for the cheap cord cutters and young-lings who live alone or with a roommate. This is not a service that can replace the multi-viewer, feature rich DVR/whole home centered services from cable and sat.

My wife and I, 20something millennials, subscribe to it and quite enjoy it. While there are limitations, we deal with them as the cost point is low enough to make it worth putting up with the limitations. I constantly am getting things in the mail to come back to DISH and get $200, or even yesterday I received a DirecTV one that would give me $200 back, but when I price things out... it ends up costing $45+ for year one, and $75+ after the first year. We also have Netflix, which can supplement us in case one of us want to watch something other than what the other is watching on Sling. Workarounds: yes. But well worth it for the cost. We even added the Lifestyle pack... for $25/month, can't beat it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts