Sling

Here are the requirements for Dish Anywhere.

image-3590678498.jpg

I used to have 2up 15down with Cox at my main home in Oklahoma and using Dishanywhere with my Android tablet connected to 60in tv via hdmi, it looked pretty good not HD but really really good SD at my lake house with 6mb down dsl and at our Las Vegas Condo with 25mb Cox. It looked ok on phone or tablet with ATT.

I have a standalone Sling350 now connected to my 722 and 2up was pretty good but I couldn't get HD on the Slingbox with it, it would stutter. However Cox changed my internet plan at home and I have 5up and 25 down here in Oklahoma now and Dishanywhere and Sling.com both look great now. No difference between being at home watching on 722 or streaming online. Dishanywhere just sucks, as most times I get receiver offline with the app on my phone. The Slingbox 350 however is great. It is connected to my 722 via component cables and I connect to Sling through a couple of WDTV Live media players with the Sling app and it streams perfectly at the highest quality for several hours at time.

I just checked Dishanywhere which of course said my receiver was offline. I had to walk down from the office and reset the broadband connection for Dishanywhere to see it. I work from home and have Windstream 6mb dsl in my office for phone and faxing. I am getting 3300Kbps on Dishanywhere in HQ mode on my phone Slinging from my 722 uploading on Cox 5/25 to my Galaxy Note 2 connected via wifi to Windstream 6mb DSL, now when I turn wifi off and switch to ATT LTE I am getting 800Kbps streaming on Dishanywhere in HQ mode. When Dishanywhere works its is great, it is just unrealiable and personally I prefer an actual slingbox now. I use both, Dishanywhere on my phone and tablet when not on wifi and Sling.com when I'm traveling to one of our other homes with the wdtv boxes connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts