Slingbox Solo w/ VIP622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
Did some searching here but could not find much info as far as Dish customers using the slingbox in their households. Would really like some feedback if any of you guys have one and are you happy with it (or not). I read the material at the Sling website and it may fit the bill.
The reason that I am researching this is that I have a VIP622 in the living room. My wife has a 501 attached to her computer in another room (at the other end of the house) that runs into a TV tuner card on her PC. Our router and cable modem is also next to her computer. I can run a 50 or so foot ethernet cable from there to where the Slingbox would be in the livingroom across the basement.
I'm looking for a solution so I only have Mpeg 4 receivers on my account come February so I can look at the HD only package. My only other choice is a 612 but this is really overkill for what it is being used for.
I'm a little concerned about the IR blaster and how it works with the 622. To be honest I never like them in the past.
Any inputs sure would be appreciated!! I believe that Scott has one?
Thanks in Advance, Gerry

GGW2000-Forgive me for hijacking your thread. I can't help you with the Slingbox although I've been interested as well and will be watching for any responses. I noticed that you have the 73" Mitz DLP and was looking for any feedback you might have. How long have you had it, how happy are you with it, etc. I'm mostly concerned about the bulb life. I've seen a lot of people seem to have to replace them frequently. I have a 65" Mitz CRT RP that I've had for over 5 years and its been outstanding. Still has a great picture but no 1080p capablity, only component input-no HDMI or even DVI. That bulb life thing has me concerned or I might have made the move already. Wish the Samsung LED DLP came larger than 67". Thanks for any input!

Ed

Is anyone using their sling hooked up to the 622 to throw hd from that 622 or 722 to another hdtv in a different room??

If so how does the picture look??

I have a Slingbox (original model) hooked up to my 622. The IR blasters work fine; I've never had a problem with remote control. If you're going to view remotely off your LAN, you need a minimum of 400kbps up to view (my DSL service is 512kbps up/3Mbps down, but I'm far enough away from the CO that 420kbps is the highest up speed). On the LAN it will use 2Mbps+ (I'll have to get an exact number this evening) for better quality.

I'm not crazy about the new client. This is what it looks like on my PC, viewed remotely from work, @400kbps.

Check your PMs

GGW2000-Forgive me for hijacking your thread. I can't help you with the Slingbox although I've been interested as well and will be watching for any responses. I noticed that you have the 73" Mitz DLP and was looking for any feedback you might have. How long have you had it, how happy are you with it, etc. I'm mostly concerned about the bulb life. I've seen a lot of people seem to have to replace them frequently. I have a 65" Mitz CRT RP that I've had for over 5 years and its been outstanding. Still has a great picture but no 1080p capablity, only component input-no HDMI or even DVI. That bulb life thing has me concerned or I might have made the move already. Wish the Samsung LED DLP came larger than 67". Thanks for any input!

Ed

Ed, sent you a PM.........

Gerry

Wife came up with a ......

My wife came up with a point I didn't think of (rats). If i'm out in the livingroom watching a game or something on the 622 then she would not be able to watch
what she wants on her PC at the same time. She does this alot ;) and divorce is not an option!!
Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts