SlingCatcher: Sling CSR "Compatibility 'very likely' with the 922"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jaj1701

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Rochester, MN DMA #153
I just got off the phone with SlingMedia support line. The representative I spoke with, while not allowing to say anything officially, certainly felt it was very likely that the SlingCatcher, despite it's discontinued status, will support the 922.

He seemed like a knowledgeable CSR, not a script reader.

My question is.....does anyone have any creditable information or even theories of why it would not work with the 922??

I have three of these currently, two new in the box. They are going to good money on eBay right now compared to the fire sale prices I paid. Do I hold onto them?

I haven't tried mine in awhile. If it does work it will not support the HD streaming from the 922.

Well, the SlingCatcher doesn't support HD.....something like 1280x540 or something like that with an early 2009 update.

My use would be outside of the house for at least one of them. So, not doing HD and potentially saving some of my 2mb up bandwidth isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Would you mind trying it.....if you ever find yourself laying around with absolutely nothing to do????

NAVYCHOP....you have anything besides all CSRs lie?? :)

Last I heard it only works with OLD firmware. If you've updated it, it most likely won't work.

LAME.....and that helped with my satellite provider decision.

My DirecTV service was installed yesterday!

Last I heard it only works with OLD firmware. If you've updated it, it most likely won't work.

LAME.....and that helped with my satellite provider decision.

My DirecTV service was installed yesterday!

The old firmware of the catcher? You can always reset it to factory and not download the firmware...

I'm really struggling with this. I'm thinking of cancelling the order before it arrives and just getting a Slingbox pro to add on to my 722 as we KNOW that will work.....

Aurgh!

The old firmware of the catcher? You can always reset it to factory and not download the firmware...

I'm really struggling with this. I'm thinking of cancelling the order before it arrives and just getting a Slingbox pro to add on to my 722 as we KNOW that will work.....

Aurgh!

Scott knows more about this then I do....actually that's where I got my information from. I haven't looked into anymore after realizing I'd be better off with DirecTV and a slingbox pro, especially with all their new customer deals right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts