SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone submitted...now we wait

djjenkins

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Hey everyone, just wanted you all to know that the SlingPlayer mobile for iPhone was submitted to the App Store, now we just wait for Apple to (hopefully) approve it!

This is good news for those of us who long to get a 922 when it comes out and have an iPhone!

Awesome. Thanks - I've been waiting for this for the last 2 months since I gave up my Windows Mobile phone and went with an iphone. Not having slingplayer on my phone the only real disappointment I've had with the iphone.

This just in?

You don't read the front page too much do you? We reported this yesterday and then again today (because apparently the Beta software works with all Slingbox units) if this is true then this is nothing more then corporate greed.

I hope it's "not supported" instead of "doesn't work" - like the BlackBerry 8310 is "not supported" but it works.

I have a classic Slingbox which works just fine for my needs, why would I want to get a Solo or HD Sling just to watch on the tiny iPhone screen.. I am pretty pissed that they want me to buy a $30 app then a $150+ box to use that app... I wonder if Sling were still on its own (sans Dish) if it would still be the case.

I have an HTPC and will just install the free program Orb and fine tune it for video and my TV tuner and forget about even paying the $30 app fee, that is unless the hacking community figures out how to make the app work with older Slings!

Forget about Slinging over a 3G connection, as it's now being reported that Slinging will violate AT&T's terms of service:

"...but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services, customer initiated redirection of television or other video or audio signals via any technology from a fixed location to a mobile device, web broadcasting, and/or for the operation of servers, telemetry devices and/or Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition devices is prohibited"

From PLAN TERMS | AT&T

So now you'll only be able to Sling over WiFi.

Forget about Slinging over a 3G connection, as it's now being reported that Slinging will violate AT&T's terms of service:

"...but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services, customer initiated redirection of television or other video or audio signals via any technology from a fixed location to a mobile device, web broadcasting, and/or for the operation of servers, telemetry devices and/or Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition devices is prohibited"

From PLAN TERMS | AT&T

So now you'll only be able to Sling over WiFi.

Yes, well AT&T will have a mutiny on their hands if they attempt to enforce this with the tons of people already doing this on other mobile platforms. Just 2 months ago I was slinging to my BlackJack II over 3G (and the BlackJack doesn't have Wifi). We'll see how this affects the iphone app's approval.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)