Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have just received word that as of 12/18 dealers will start installing the new Slimline KA/KU Dish instead of the AT9 Dish.

Installing them will be easy like the phase 3 dish. The LNB is a one piece unit. The mast size is 2".

I can hear all your installers out there yelling THANK GOD. :)

I have just received word that as of 12/18 dealers will start installing the new Slimline KA/KU Dish instead of the AT9 Dish.

Installing them will be easy like the phase 3 dish. The LNB is a one piece unit. The mast size is 2".

Many installers have been using the slimline instead of the AT-9 for several weeks...

You are 2 months behind.

i have two of them sittin in the bed of my truck that are going in tomorrow. they will be #6 and 7 of the slimlines i have done to date.

also i went to show another installer how to fine tune the dish and when i got there he had a hybrid dish. apparently it came packaged with the at9 reflector and lnb assemblies and the elevation/azimuth fine tune section was from an au9. so be on the lookout for some hybrid dishs floating around

People, D* said the AT-9's will be installed till they are gone, so, all of you that are saying you've been installing them for about "2 months" have run out of the AT-9's sooner is all.

Jimbo

Last edited:
I got another slimline box set, but the LNB looks a bit different from the one I installed in prior weeks (AU), maybe another manufacturer made them.
DSCN2624.JPG

DSCN2623.JPG

DSCN2622.JPG

Last edited:
I have 10 sets of slimlines at my house.....i am a remote tech...so i stock up...lol

i thought they said all the LNBS would be interchangeable like on the Triple sats, but if you look they keys are different on those LNBS for the KA/ku's

I haven't used any of them but, your saying if I need one, to look for the white
ones ?

What kind of problems are the clear ones having ?

Jimbo

It's like eagle aspen doesn't have a q.c. dept. bad ports on the lnb.

OK so how are installing these things. Doing my first one Friday. Thanks

I think that ypu have it backwards..................Eagle Aspen's always had white "hoods," as you call them.

Nope eagle aspen are Clear LNB's, and WNC are white lnbs. Go to your truck and read the label again.

lol if you look in the picture that posted you can even SEE eagle aspen.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)