Slow Channels

meach13

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Hello everyone I have just moved from helena, al to mccalla/bessemer/helena al and I had to switch cable providers from Charter cable to bright house. The biggest issue I have so far is how slow the the channels change. I have about a 5-6 second delay when changing from channel to channel. Before everyone starts on digital is slower and stuff I am comparing this to my old charter HD service. I had dvr and HD box with charter and i could flip from game to game with only about a 2 second delay at most. Now I can make a sandwich :) before the channel changes. I have a 8300hdc box any help would be great.

welcome to brighthouse. If you can, I would try FIOS...sure they have infrastructure problems but so does brighthouse.....these HDC boxes really suck, the only way they can compete is roll out their damn SDV/Mystro/1Ghz equip faster than the schedule full of delays and holdouts from the housing market crash that has slowed signups to a trickle. Verizon is pulling a good number of signups somewhere...old brighthouse customers.

Last fall they had printed on the bill about a new guide, they even run commercials right now with the new interface and promises of 50/80 HD channels, 500 HD on-demand type content, and the latest I had heard was September from the summer...if you can launch it in other markets close to the same size, why the long gap other than "bugs". look at the crap you have on the cablecard boxes, and no FCC blame. These boxes are on the same level as 90s GTE americast digital cables here without this upgrade, the basic interface has been the same for 8 years...this is really just about cash, and Verizon can become the next cable monoply much faster with the money they have compared to advance/newhouse(brighthouse) and TW carrier agreement months behind their own markets. Lets not even start on the power these boxes can provide and their performance with decoding as we move to higher MPEG-2 bit-rates or outright MPEG4, channel delay will double. Add in that Scientific Atlanta is now CISCO...more delays...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)