Slow HR34

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's software isn't it ?
Regardless, software firmware, the processors is more than likely the biggest difference.

Now if the Processors are the sam then I don't know what they have done to bog the 34 down.

The system board and processor in the HR34 is different than the HR44. The HR44, in addition to a faster processor has consolidated the hardware into a much more efficient system board. This is likely the reason the HR44 is leaps and bounds more stable and faster than the HR34.

Why DirecTV is still installing hardware (HR34) they know is not functioning properly, due to its original design limitations, is beyond me.

Reactions: Jimbo
Software is not Firmware. Firmware controls how software is run.
I actually thought firmware is really software, but placed into semiconductor memory like flash memory where it is then (comparatively) rarely changed or altered, thereby approahing "hardware-like" in it's functionality, in comparison to software on traditional mediums like HDDs where it is uaually added to, changed, or modified greatly over time. Thus being "soft-like" or pliable in it's functionality.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Just an update: I received and installed my new HR44 about a week ago and can I tell the difference. It is night and day. All of my Clients are almost as fast as the genie! I have had no problems with anything, when before I would have to restart once a week just to get my AM21 to work. It's great now guys! Thanks for all the help.

SAME: I was able to get the HR44 specific model request sent to me and it's amazing. The best way I can describe it is dial up internet vs broadband. Everything is immediate whereas before you had to wait for the lag.

Called about my hr34. Was told it is a known engineering issue and was escalated, even got an email stating my issue was escalated. Blah. Paid for the PP on 2 accounts for a cumulative ~20 years, really shouldn't have to play the 'whats on your truck' game.

Called about my hr34. Was told it is a known engineering issue and was escalated, even got an email stating my issue was escalated. Blah. Paid for the PP on 2 accounts for a cumulative ~20 years, really shouldn't have to play the 'whats on your truck' game.

Have them come out and swap the box.

They gave me ZERO crap switching my Hr34 to an hr44

Reactions: Jimbo
Our HR34 is driving us INSANE! I would like to consider raising static to get it replaced, BUT, our drive is 47% used. That is a lot of recordings to lose!

I'm sure there is some fluff that we could offload, but, more is added all the time!

Called again. Mailing me a new box. If we continue to have issues because we get another hr34 will escalate/consider another provider once the NFL season is over.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Will know later. A little frustrating to have my problems blamed on a software problem and then get sent the same model ird.

Pretty sure we have other issues too so it should be an improvement at least.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If DirecTV was my only video provider, I would have raised hell a long time ago, but I've learn to live with it by using cable for everything but sports. The HR34 has become absolutly atrocious. When I first turn it on, it takes about 30 seconds for the audio and video to come up, and then about 30-45 seconds to change the channel. After the first few channel changes it gets faster. And..well...I don't have to go on, I'll just be preaching to the choir. This morning before I left for work I turned it on to delete all of the programming is has recorded since Sunday night. There was a total of 12 recordings that added up to be 10 hours, it look almost 5 minutes to delete them. All of my equipment was just power cycled last night and the hard dive sits empty most of the time.

Next year I'm looking at going 4K, so I will put up this until I can get my hands on an HR54. With the exception of the old DishPlayer 7x00 receivers, the HR34 has not just been one of the worst MSO set top boxes that I've ever used, but one of the worst devices I've ever had connected to a TV. I never had an issues with my HR24, granted it doesn't get used as much. But the thing as been a real trooper over the years.

Reactions: ejb1980
"the HR34 has not just been one of the worst MSO set top boxes that I've ever used, but one of the worst devices I've ever had connected to a TV."

Agreed 100%!!!

"the HR34 has not just been one of the worst MSO set top boxes that I've ever used, but one of the worst devices I've ever had connected to a TV."

Agreed 100%!!!

Two of my referrals left Directv because of the HR34. Had I not gotten a HR44, I might be... Nah I would have stayed. Living in New England as a Colts fan means Sunday Ticket is required.

Have been calling weekly during the past 6 weeks complaining of my slow HR34. Today I was fortunate to have contacted a CSR that reviewed my concerns and authorized a HR 44 replacement.Was told that a empty HR34 return box along with a HR44 will arrive in 5-7 days. In my case,being persistent, seems to have been the way to go.

Have been calling weekly during the past 6 weeks complaining of my slow HR34. Today I was fortunate to have contacted a CSR that reviewed my concerns and authorized a HR 44 replacement.Was told that a empty HR34 return box along with a HR44 will arrive in 5-7 days. In my case,being persistent, seems to have been the way to go.
it looks like they are pulling your leg. Typically a replacement receiver is shipped next or second day. keep us posted!

Eh, he posted that on a Saturday. I called on a Saturday and got my replacement on a Tuesday. Sounds like a safe estimate is all considering the day and time of year.

I'll probably start calling again soon until I can get an HR44. Receiver works better than the first, but the occasional delays are just infuriating.

Just really don't feel like playing games, close to just giving another service a shot if the options really are to pay for one or play reschedule roulette with a service call. Have 6 more weeks of NFL Sundays, then we'll consider our options if we haven't resolved it by then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)