Slow Internet Dish/Exede Won't Help

Jaeldawn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Tennessee
Today my internet was VERY slow. I was trying to download a 1GB file, and it was downloading at 100kmps. I did a bandwidth test on speedtest.net, and it showed that my dl speed was 1mbps ul .5mbps. I rebooted, and cleaned up temporary internet files, and reset everything, and got it to 3mbps. I called Dish/Exede to talk to them about it, and the guy said that everything looked good on his end, so it must be my firewall settings. While he was on the phone I disconnected my router, and ran directly to the modem, and I also disabled all my firewalls, and I was still not getting any more than 3mbps dl speed. He said there was nothing else that he could do to help me. I asked him if this meant that I was stuck at this speed even though I am paying for 12mbps, and he said he guessed so since it was a problem on my end. Can anyone tell me what can be effecting it if I have firewalls disabled, & running through the modem? I did a virus scan and a utility clean-up with Glary Utilities, and nothing helped.

As I suggested on the other forum, when the call center can't resolve a problem to your satisfaction - insist that the issue be escalated to a higher level of support.

//greg//

Use speednetmonitor to see if something on your computer is using up your bandwidth and make sure it is the only computer connected to the modem. It will tell you the amount of data being uploaded/downloaded.

Use speednetmonitor to see if something on your computer is using up your bandwidth and make sure it is the only computer connected to the modem. It will tell you the amount of data being uploaded/downloaded.

Thanks! I have been looking for something to help monitor, but was not sure what the best one was. I will definitely download it.

Honestly, 3 mbps down is good for busy times of the day. If you read the terms of service, you are paying for up to 12 mbps down not guaranteed 12 mbps down. A guaranteed 12 mbps service would be 10x more expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts