Slow page changes on satelliteguys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptotech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
This site has recently become annoying slow for me when accessing threads and moving from page to page within a thread. Speed used to be fine. Sluggish browsing within this site appears to be caused by all the advertising now appearing all over the place. I have made no changes to my systems and have the same problem on both my desktop and laptop PCs. I use DSL for internet access and speed for other sites is normal. Is it possible that your increased advertising load is causing my slow page loads?

I just logged out to see how advertisements look, and I can see the same problem: pages take anywhere from 10 to 20 seconds to load. And most of this time seems to be taken by advertisements loading their flash content, etc.

This is not good! We'll need to look into this. Thanks for the headsup!

The ads are in iframes, so the rest of the SatelliteGuys content should load no matter if the ads load or not.

About 2 weeks ago however they were not in iframes and you needed to wait until each ad loaded before the rest of the page displayed.

Without iframes sometimes the page would take up to 9 seconds to load. With iframes it is taking less then two seconds which is a nice change.

The ads are in iframes, so the rest of the SatelliteGuys content should load no matter if the ads load or not.

About 2 weeks ago however they were not in iframes and you needed to wait until each ad loaded before the rest of the page displayed.

Without iframes sometimes the page would take up to 9 seconds to load. With iframes it is taking less then two seconds which is a nice change.

I don't know about iframes & such but my experience over the past week or so is more like Ilya describes in post #2; page loads can take as much as 10 to 20 seconds. As you describe Scott, I am having to wait until all ads are loaded before any of the page is displayed. And, oops, my thread title should have said satelliteguys.us not .com

Well, 10 seconds or more only in non-registered mode (when I log off). It's much faster when logged in as a registered user: much fewer ads.

But Scott just showed me how quick it is on his computer. For him it's under 2 seconds even when logged off! I am scratching my head trying to figure out what's different. My Internet connection is a bit slower than his, but not that much slower. Must be some browser settings. I'll post here if I figure out.

Thanks guys. I hope you can find a resolution as my satelliteguys browsing experience is suffering from this reduced performance. My DSL download speed IS ONLY 750K but... page loading speed for me on this site used to be just fine until a week or two ago.

My frustrations have been waiting for ad servers. It doesn't happen all the time, but the mixture often leads to rather long page loads. As I type this, Firefox is "Waiting for pagead2.googlesyndication.com.

Still waiting.

Slow page changes are still occurring.... Sometimes the browser hangs. After a couple of minutes I close the tab and that kills the browser. Then Uncle Bill asks if I want to tell Microsoft what happened.

I am still seeing this, it is especially bad today. I have a 35Mbps connection here at work and it is taking 30 seconds to a couple minutes every time I click something here. The rest of the Internet seems quite normal by the way.

Pepper, all is running fine from here. You are a supporting founder and like a pub member you don't see any of the ads, so its not an ads issue.

Pepper, all is running fine from here. You are a supporting founder and like a pub member you don't see any of the ads, so its not an ads issue.

Scott, I to am seeing an issue with the page loads. The page seems to load fully but the browser just never seems to fully complete as it just sits there and says "loading" in the status bar. Today is the first day that I have seen this.

looks like it is coming from img.satelliteguys.us. Happening on both Firefox and Safari

I don't think this has to do with any adds. Pages are loading very slow. It takes me about 10 to 15 seconds a page if not longer.

Scott, The pages are hanging, I have to hit the X button to unhang the page. The forum jump button will not pull down. If you need any other info PM me.
Mike Lib

I am still seeing this, it is especially bad today. I have a 35Mbps connection here at work and it is taking 30 seconds to a couple minutes every time I click something here. The rest of the Internet seems quite normal by the way.
Same results here. Registered, paying member on a T100 server waiting more like 1-3 minutes for pages to load.

This has been happening for several weeks, with only 1 or 2 days where speeds were as fast as they were before early in December.

I'm not sure what this is to be honest. Tracert says I'm only 5 hops away, maximum ping time 31ms.

Just tried in FireFox, the pages load faster but there is still some activity - "connecting to hostedopenx.com" seems to take quite a while. The difference is IE waits till everything is finished before showing anything, Firefox shows what it has as quick as it gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)