Sluggish response on 722Ks and other DVRs

That's it!

Thanks, those instructions worked for me. I set my remote to 18, and it's back to being it's "normal" responsive, and not acting up like it was. Nice find! :up

Please let me know if that makes your problem go away permanently.

As far as I am aware, this is a bug introduced in L662 on the 722k, not sure about the other DVR models. Anyway DISH needs to fix this crap as they have released new software three times while failing to, and possibly even making worse, this bug!

You have the 20.0 (IR) and 21.0 (IR & UHF) BTW, it tells you on the back.

KAB,
Thank you for telling me that info and for letting me know where I can find it.:up
I have one other question, are the 2 remotes I have interchangeable...IOW, can
I use either remote to control the 722k when in single mode, not using a second TV?
Take care,
Ghpr13:)

Last edited:
Please let me know if that makes your problem go away permanently.

As far as I am aware, this is a bug introduced in L662 on the 722k, not sure about the other DVR models. Anyway DISH needs to fix this crap as they have released new software three times while failing to, and possibly even making worse, this bug!

OK, it made a big difference in response, but it didn't completely "cure" it.

It's now very tolerable, where before making the change, I wanted to get out of my chair, and beat my Vip622 receiver with a hammer to DEATH! (and I OWN my receiver)

People think Microsoft causes a lot of issue with patches, but they ain't got NOTHING on Dish Network's cobbled-up software crap. If I was Charlie, I'd fire every software engineer they have, because they obviously don't have a clue what they are doing with dvr firmware patches. :rant: :mad:

It's now very tolerable, where before making the change, I wanted to get out of my chair, and beat my Vip622 receiver with a hammer to DEATH! (and I OWN my receiver)

People think Microsoft causes a lot of issue with patches, but they ain't got NOTHING on Dish Network's cobbled-up software crap. If I was Charlie, I'd fire every software engineer they have, because they obviously don't have a clue what they are doing with dvr firmware patches. :rant: :mad:

It's better than Directv's Software.

It's better than Directv's Software.

Oh well, so that makes Dish better then. NOT! :rolleyes: :down :facepalm

Don't get me wrong, I like my Dish DVR, it's certainly better than dealing with Charter cable, but there's NO excuses for constantly fixing ONE thing with a patch, and breaking 5 others. I've been with Dish for 4 years, and they've released like 7 patches every single year, and at least 4 of those patches, are to fix issues with previous patches...

Maybe if they'd beta-test some of these patches on a real persons dvr out in the real world, instead of a pristine lab model with perfect everything, they'd catch more of the problems beforehand.

Oh well, so that makes Dish better then. NOT! :rolleyes: :down :facepalm

Don't get me wrong, I like my Dish DVR, it's certainly better than dealing with Charter cable, but there's NO excuses for constantly fixing ONE thing with a patch, and breaking 5 others. I've been with Dish for 4 years, and they've released like 7 patches every single year, and at least 4 of those patches, are to fix issues with previous patches...

Maybe if they'd beta-test some of these patches on a real persons dvr out in the real world, instead of a pristine lab model with perfect everything, they'd catch more of the problems beforehand.

I don't think they can Beta-Test with real customers DVR's. They can't do like Directv does I have heard.

I have had the best luck with 26 and 28. :up

KAB,
Thank you for telling me that info and for letting me know where I can find it.:up
I have one other question, are the 2 remotes I have interchangeable...IOW, can
I use either remote to control the 722k when in single mode, not using a second TV?
Take care,
Ghpr13:)

Yes, the remotes are interchangeable in single mode. I have a 722 with one remote
on the right side of the sofa and the other remote on the left side. Always a remote
within arms reach.

Mark

2 UHF Remotes

I have a 722k with 2 UHF Remotes (21.0) - dual mode. TV2 is fine, but TV1 is very sluggish on the guide and onscreen menus. Are multiple remote addresses available for the UHF remotes too, or is it limited to just 2? I began experiencing problems a few months ago right after a software upgrade and rebooting the receiver only helps for a couple of days.

In my case I think this is related to the dvr recording. I changed the remote codes last night even though it was working fine after a hard boot the other night. I noticed it was working very poorly as the DVR was recording early this evening.(it had been working great just before) I tried it awhile after the recoding was done and it was extremely slow, another hard boot and it was fine again. It seems that I have had this problem before after recording, I will try to gather more info as this may have been a coincidence. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

I think it has more to do with the 2nd tuner being active. In dual mode, if I turn off TV2, the symptoms will usually go away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)