Small Fortec Star Dish Farm!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTABman0

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2006
Lat 39.2°N WV Lo 81.5°W
The most KU FTA satellite dishes I have ever assembled at one time in one day so far! I usually just put one at a time together for people but today, I put all 3 of them together on my office porch in under an hour and a half! :up

When you put them together all the time, you get the hang of what bolt goes where! These are two 90 CM dishes and one 80 CM dish! The 80 is motorized with a Sadoun PowerTech DG-280 that replaces one that got stolen from a friend of mine! Yes, someone took the Dish (80 CM Fortec Star) - Motor (SG-2100) - LNB (Geosatpro SL1) - & Coax after cutting it in about 50 feet pulling it out from under her house! A nice lady that loved Glorystar programming!

Makes you wonder what the heck they are going to use it for? :confused:

We might have a FTA Dish Thief running around here so this one is going on the roof where I suggested putting it instead of mounting it on a 5 foot pole in front of her house what she really wanted! Lesson Learned The Hard Way! I told her a year ago that I would not mount one of mine that low but kids ran trough my mind in her neighborhood and not thievery!

I donated my 80 CM brand new dish that was intended to be used for my travel system for the loss! It is brand new Fortec 80 and was in the box till today for over 2 years! Got her a new motor from Sadoun last week to replace it all for her at no charge, she was devastated when it was stolen and cried continually when I told her yesterday that I got another dish, motor and LNB to replace it for free for her!

She is an older woman, disabled on very limited income and it is hard for her to get out of the house! She has no phone, no cable TV or telephone, limited services that some people take for granted! She helped me with some of the shows and retro commercials in the big "Rockford Files" thread and a very, very nice lady! I hated that they took her only way to watch TV! :rant:

She said that she had other bad things happen the week it was stolen, that was the topper so to speak and was beginning to think that there was nobody in the world that was nice anymore, all takers; the dish stolen was a devastating thing to her, can’t say a blame her, could you imagine if yours got lifted one night! I went over to see her last night and she was emotionally set back at the offer of free! :)

I Hope the thieves enjoy it, going back to the other dishes, the 90 CM (donating my 80 gave me an excuse to upgrade it to a 90 CM!) with the Invacom QPH-031 is my travel style system with a Motek Digipower SG-2100 motor on it and the last 90 CM dish is going to be a stationary dish for a family friend’s service station for personal office use.

BUT, I will be using the stationary 90 before it leaves here to test to see if I can get TELSTAR 12 @ 15°!

Thought I would share the story of the small farm of brand new Fortec Star dishes after the assembly of them all before two goes to their new homes this week. One made a very special lady very happy! :)

Off to the house to get some sleep!

Never a price tag on somebody’s happiness! Never too late to do a good deed!

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Attachments

• Fortec Star Dishes.JPG
    Fortec Star Dishes.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
WOW man.. what a story!!!

Remember everything you do in this life will come back at you :D, you did something good and at least makes you feel great :D...

Cheers man!!

Mike

WOW man.. what a story!!!

Remember everything you do in this life will come back at you :D, you did something good and at least makes you feel great :D...

Cheers man!!

Mike

Yes! My thought also! I think there is good in everybody; some people just refuse to show it. The look on her face was priceless!

I try to do my part when I can, but not the first time I have offered something without no catch, she was very appreciative! Although some people's pride is stronger than the receive factor and I can understand that.

Some folks you just can't give things to! They just want to earn it, good people though! They seem like the ones that get crapped on all the time, funny how that goes!

This lady though is the nicest person you could ever meet! I told her today that it was hard to find good people like her in the world as well! I take no credit, like you said Mike, the feeling of something good was my payment plus just being friends with her and knowing someone like herself is enough!

Thanks Mike for the kind words! :up

:D She will be back up with GloryStar later on in the evening! :D

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)