Smart card arrival timed in guide

Jerryinvirginia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2005
Has this info been previously posted???? Seems like your guide display will forcast the arrival of the new smart card. If your guide shows ch 998, look for the new smart card to arrive "soon". If 998 doesn't show up in the guide, you aren't on the list, yet.

Will ch 998 show up in a user-created favorites guide? In other words, I rarely if ever view the "All Channels" or "All Subs" guides.

Just like any other channel, will automatically appear in a favorites list only if it existed before and you added it when it did exist.

Some logic there, anybody smart enough to figure out how to create a favorites list probably can also figure out how to do a smartcard upgrade by following instructions, without needing to see a video about it.

Just like any other channel, will automatically appear in a favorites list only if it existed before and you added it when it did exist.

Some logic there, anybody smart enough to figure out how to create a favorites list probably can also figure out how to do a smartcard upgrade by following instructions, without needing to see a video about it.

:up:up

Besides, the documentation that comes with the cards tells you to switch to the channel to watch the video. Like you, I rarely visit the "all or all sub" lists. But since the ch is explicitly stated in the documents, it was easy enough.

Besides, the procedure is pretty straight forward. Unplug old card (if present) and plug in new card. Wait for new card to be processed. If you have a DVR just make sure you aren't recording at the time. Plus they say that authentication could take up to 20 minutes, so don't do it your favorite show is about to start in 5 minutes.

Yeah, it was the same here. The channel showed up one day, and the next - a phone call from Dish saying "your new smartcards are on the way", and the same day - the new smartcards came.

So, things were quite quick and timed!

What channel 998

Never saw the channel (rearely use anything but fav- wouldn't have looked anyway), never got a call from E*, it just showed up in the mail. Knew about it from here skimmed the structions shoved it in the 622 said well, hacks could be easier on VIP units now. The pain was over in less than 5 mins.

if your receiver does not need the new SC. will you see that channel? i had a chat last night with dish and they told me that i did not need the mew SC. i do not get that channel. my receiver is almost a year old and i thought that was too old to have the new SC already in them.

If it has a card, I believe it's "current". Dish didn't start putting "external" smart cards in them until they had the new ones available. Prior to "x" months ago, the smart card was built-in and the outside slot would be empty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)