Smart Card Not Inserted 019

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
Just turned on the TV and seen that my VIP 211k is displaying a message I've never seen before "Smart Card Not Inserted 019" Its fully inserted and I've never had an issue with the receiver until today. I removed card and reinserted as it tells me but nothing works. I've rebooted it also. :(

I do have an external HD connected also with several recordings I'd rather not loose. Any solutions or do I need a new receiver?

Just turned on the TV and seen that my VIP 211k is displaying a message I've never seen before "Smart Card Not Inserted 019" Its fully inserted and I've never had an issue with the receiver until today. I removed card and reinserted as it tells me but nothing works. I've rebooted it also. :(

I do have an external HD connected also with several recordings I'd rather not loose. Any solutions or do I need a new receiver?
Call DISH as you most likely need a replacement smartcard. OR it could be the receiver. Your EHD should just work with a replacement receiver if needed.

Will any replacement receiver if needed allow me to still access the recordings on my EHD? Or will I need another VIP211k?

Just chatted with DISH they said I need a new receiver. Is that the standard response? Or is it still possible for them to just send me a new card?

Just chatted with DISH they said I need a new receiver. Is that the standard response? Or is it still possible for them to just send me a new card?
In my experience, smart card errors are always the receiver. They're going to send you another 211, so yes,, your EHD would work as it should in any VIP HD receiver and I'm pretty sure, although not 100% it would work on a Hopper or Wally. A new receiver model would require an upgrade and new contract

Reactions: charlesrshell

Try this. Remove your smart card and take a pencil eraser and clean the little gold chip. Rub up and down, then side to side and then wipe it off and put it back in and see if that helps. Those chips get a film on them. Good luck.

Just for a head's up. They likely will send you a VIP211Z which does not have a built in OTA tuner. So, if you use the OTA tuner, you might try insisting on a 211K or an OTA dongle for the 211Z.

In my experience, smart card errors are always the receiver. They're going to send you another 211, so yes,, your EHD would work as it should in any VIP HD receiver and I'm pretty sure, although not 100% it would work on a Hopper or Wally. A new receiver model would require an upgrade and new contract
Definitely will not on work on any VIP receiver. 211s don't use the same encoding as 722s or Hopper.

Reactions: HipKat
Do they require a new contract if I order a receiver from a different source other than dish?
If it's not a VIP 211k.

I was considering getting the wally hd. I never had a contract with this receiver because I installed the dish and receiver myself.

See if you can shove a business card on top of the smart card of a thin object so the card seats in the reader better.

Also if you remove the cover, sometimes the cover that holds the card snapped off the main board. Usually just pushing it back in place will fix the problem

Usually I see this when the receiver is dropped.

Also you can use 5 minute epoxy or superglue yo fix it

See if you can shove a business card on top of the smart card of a thin object so the card seats in the reader better.

Also if you remove the cover, sometimes the cover that holds the card snapped off the main board. Usually just pushing it back in place will fix the problem

Usually I see this when the receiver is dropped.

Also you can use 5 minute epoxy or superglue yo fix it
I opened the receiver and blew out all the dust and examined the card reader as best as I could other than a lot of dust nothing noticable. I did the business card trick also I tried using a pencil eraser on the chip nothing working. A new receiver seems to be my solution. Thanks for everyone's help.

I opened the receiver and blew out all the dust and examined the card reader as best as I could other than a lot of dust nothing noticable. I did the business card trick also I tried using a pencil eraser on the chip nothing working. A new receiver seems to be my solution. Thanks for everyone's help.

It was worth a shot

"You can swap the external hard drive between like receivers (DVR model to DVR model or non-DVR model to non-DVR model) on the same account without losing DVR recordings."

Found this information on mydish.com hopefully since the VIP211k is a non-DVR model and the Wally is a non-DVR model. Hopefully I can recover my recordings on my EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)