Smart Card Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elinter

Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
I have two 211 receivers. For the past 6-months I've been in SmartCard Hell. On one receiver (the other works fine) I'm constantly getting a message that says I need to replace my card by a certain date. I call the number on the screen, they verify my address, claim to have sent me new a card, and reset something so I continue to get programming.

Well, two months go by and I don't receive any cards and the whole process starts over again. Finally, this past weekend it happens again and this time they say they finally have to UPS the card to my house. Well, as of today I still have not received the card and I've got the messages again. I call tonite and its deja vu all over again.

I've been a subscriber since 2001 of the top-tier package and this is the worse service I've ever had. They just installed FIOS in my neighborhood and am seriously considering switching service...

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Been there, done that...

Just like you got the nag message, called, they claimed card was sent out, never arrived, call again. Did this 4 times before it finally showed up just before I gave up. They claim they can not send out by courier so it can be tracked. Someone who knows what they are doing can turn off the nag for a couple of weeks before it just comes back again. Takes 5 to 7 days to program a new card and 10-14 days to mail it to you. This is the run around I got.

I wonder how many thousands of other people have had to go through this?

Cheers - it works great now - hope they do not have to swap them out again any time soon.

Satboyz

I have had them create an RA instead of waiting for the cards to come. Sometimes they will do that and sometimes they will not. I have received my cards by UPS when they created the RA and having to contact them to get it activated. When it got sent out automatically it would come on the card and tell you the r00 and s19 number and it would activate itself but it came by USPS without any tracking number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)