Smart Card Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

trailerman68

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
Michigan
I got home tonight to watch my programs on my VIP 211 recevier. It came up with the screen advising me that my smart card had expired. I still have not recieved my new smart card as of yet. They advised me it was sent out on the 26th of February. When the message came up last weekend, I advised them that I still did not have my card and they told me I should see it in a couple of days. I asked if I would lose my programing if it didnt come, and I was told no....guess what...a Dish CSR who didn't know what they were talking about. Has anyone run into this situation and can advise me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Yes.

You have only two ways: - call Dish each day up to getting the card or find other purple card what not used anymore ( account canceled, broken receiver, etc).
Second path is un-official, nobody will tell you about re-using purple cards, but it works ( on two accounts already has been done because new cards NEVER show up during whole month of promising ). Do not try to explain where those cards came from, just say: 'got new card, please activate it'.

I got home tonight to watch my programs on my VIP 211 recevier. It came up with the screen advising me that my smart card had expired. I still have not recieved my new smart card as of yet. They advised me it was sent out on the 26th of February. When the message came up last weekend, I advised them that I still did not have my card and they told me I should see it in a couple of days. I asked if I would lose my programing if it didnt come, and I was told no....guess what...a Dish CSR who didn't know what they were talking about. Has anyone run into this situation and can advise me, it would be greatly appreciated.

We got as far as the actual cutoff of our programming. I called, and told the CSR that we hadn't received the cards. She immediately turned the receivers back on, and we got new cards within a week. Good Luck!

We got as far as the actual cutoff of our programming. I called, and told the CSR that we hadn't received the cards. She immediately turned the receivers back on, and we got new cards within a week. Good Luck!

I just spoke with the CSR...and they are sending out a new card, programing was back in seconds. They told me they would send the new one in the next 30 days !!!!

I just got a 2nd 211 with another EHD and I was able to activate it without the new card, they said 30 days for new card as well, i guess I will be checking every day as well to see if it expires.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)