Smart Cards

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I got a new smart card in the mail from E* today for my Vip 622. But they claim the 612 doesn't need them. Is this what I need for the 1 Dish solution? Anyone else receive a new Smartcard for their Vip receivers?

I got a new smart card in the mail from E* today for my Vip 622. But they claim the 612 doesn't need them. Is this what I need for the 1 Dish solution? Anyone else receive a new Smartcard for their Vip receivers?

If they sent it to you, I'm pretty sure you need it. Dish is going to change encryption formats, and while your present receiver has a smart card built into it, it won't work at some point in the future. Hence the new card that was sent to you. I'd just follow the instructions for inserting it into your box. Dish sent it to you, so it certainly shouldn't hurt anything...

They didn't send any cards for the 612's just the 622 . Which is why I said they claim you don't need them for that receiver. Might I suggest read a little closer.

The rom version on cards of 241 will stay. Others will go. So if you know how to check the rom for 612 do so, and you read a little close on the screen.

Hemi, it would be much informative and dicussable if you will press Menu twice and select next screen, then post DNASP and Rev letters.
For both devices.

If both are the same, then you have the G3 cards; no need to worry if it embedded or in slot.

So are you saying that if it has DNASP: 241 DshH02, that means that you have the new "purple" card already installed internally (assuming you have nothing in the card slot)? Am I reading that correctly?

I received the purple G3 cards for both my ViP 211 and ViP 622 last week. It couldn't have been much easier; put the new card in the appropriate receiver, wait for it to reboot, click on "OK" and wait for the programming to "catch up" with the new authorization. Dish says it could take up to 20 minutes, but both my receivers picked it up right away (after the EPG guide downloaded).

I'd recommend waiting until you can afford the 20 minute window, so don't do it 5 minutes before Prime Time and your timer for Survivor.

So are you saying that if it has DNASP: 241 DshH02, that means that you have the new "purple" card already installed internally (assuming you have nothing in the card slot)? Am I reading that correctly?
Ask Foxbat about the numbers of his new purple G3 cards. ;) You will see similarities.

Yes, the newest boxes have the "purple" chip on the mainboard so they don't need a card till the next time, probably 2-3 years from now. I am sure it is not colored purple though but that obviously makes no difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts