SMC (386) Favorite changed to SD from HD

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
The Sony Movie Channel (SMC) on both of my VIP722s is now for the standard-def (SD) version. There was no SD version earlier IIRC. Any new recordings from my Favorites list would have been in SD instead of my preferred HD. I checked all my old recordings (about 33 SMC of my 3000+ for all channels) and their sizes seem to match HD at 1350MB/hr or more.

Glad I noticed the HD missing from the Guide. Just a word of caution: check your Favorites.
-Ken

The Sony Movie Channel (SMC) on both of my VIP722s is now for the standard-def (SD) version. There was no SD version earlier IIRC. Any new recordings from my Favorites list would have been in SD instead of my preferred HD. I checked all my old recordings (about 33 SMC of my 3000+ for all channels) and their sizes seem to match HD at 1350MB/hr or more.

Glad I noticed the HD missing from the Guide. Just a word of caution: check your Favorites.
-Ken

MGM as well.

It was odd to find the SD feed on the favorites list rather than the HD feed when Dish added the SD feed. However, I have to admit how nice of Dish to "cater" (lack of a better word) to SD subs during a free preview. They could have had a non caring attitude to those subs but did not.

Umm my 211 only shows the HD version when its available and hides the SD version ..Did u run a check switch to if you are receiving all the transponders from the HD bird?

Yes, you will see both in either All channel favorites.
The problem was that what was HD in my favorites list became an SD favorite--NOT.
It didn't take long to correct but it should not have had to be corrected.
-Ken

Umm my 211 only shows the HD version when its available and hides the SD version ..Did u run a check switch to if you are receiving all the transponders from the HD bird?

Same here. Just checked on the 211k, and the channel shows HD in the guide but not in the actual channel banner. The movie on (the defendor), does not appear to be in HD either.

Yeah this happened to me yesterday. It "ruined" a movie I was recording from the channel as it recorded the SD version.

I noticed it was because the TV Guide showed "No Info" available on the HD feed for a lot of the movies but the SD feed on the TV Guide was fine. That was my guess anyways.

Anyone know the IR pulse freqency of the 20.0 IR remote to VIP722?

Qam transponders

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)