Sneak Peak at Pioneer Elite BDP-09 FD

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Damn teach, when I first saw this on the home page I thought it was a new plasma.lol

Then I saw the price and got my hopes up:eek: Then I saw where it was posted.

It's peaked my curiosity. I'm looking for a good player that internally decodes and is 2.0 for the family room. No way would I ever give up my Lexicon. It's between the BD55 and this one now since I haven't gotten any 50's. A little price difference. Am waiting to see what Chris says in his review. He has a 55 already.

S~

Hehe. You buy it and tell me how it is. Then that will force me to buy one and keep up with the jones's.

Actually, if I bought another, itd prob be the 55.

yeah, that thing crushes the PS3; physically and monetarily.

Looks impressive, but for me, $500 is probably the max I personally would spend on a BD player.

Specs are great (I do like the seperate DAC for each channel). One thing I guess I have never gathered is all these top of the line players boast "vibration free playback" What is this vibration they are talking about? I've never had vibration (physical) problems with any piece of home electronics that was built to basic standards.

Specs are great (I do like the seperate DAC for each channel). One thing I guess I have never gathered is all these top of the line players boast "vibration free playback" What is this vibration they are talking about? I've never had vibration (physical) problems with any piece of home electronics that was built to basic standards.

That's one of those BS terms used for audiophiles that believe in things like HDMI jitter, static electricity from carpet effecting cables, etc., etc. Allegedly they have tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars worth or equipment because their bionic/dog like hearing tells them it is better. :rolleyes:

For $2k, I want SACD, DVD-A and HD DVD playback as well. Seriously, LG and Samsung could do most of that for half the price. Pioneer needs to man up and provide the goods.

For those using analog this might be the killer player. Chris has posted some specifics on the analog section of the 09. If you want internal decoding and use HDMI, then the 05 would be the choice.

Chris Walker said:
BDP-09FD analog section

AC Switch and Filter (Dedicated Board)
Toroidal Transformer (Dedicated Board)
Custom Analog Power Supply containing Pioneer Custom Made Caps (Dedicated Board)
Analog Audio Board consisting of 8 Wolfson 8740 DACs running in Dual (Differential) mode. The diffential mode of these DACs work on the same premise as Balanced outputs by inverting the audio signal 180 degrees out of phase and then comparing the two signals at the end to eliminate any external noise from entering the audio path. This mode also increases SNR by 3db. (Dedicated board on black glass PCB board (instead of pressed paper PCB))
8 Gold Plated RCA Analog Outputs

S~

Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD Blu-ray player officially on the way, eventually - Engadget HD

The Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD Blu-ray player -- its first with BD-Live, featuring 4GB of storage -- is finally official. Blu-ray discs will have their video treated to Pioneer's 16-bit video processor, Marvell QDEO and Renesas processing, including 24p support, plus the company's Adaptive bit Length Expansion that claims it restores 8-bit color on disc to the original 16-bit studio master. The audio side is treated to eight Wolfson Audio DACs, delivering full decoding and bit-stream output for all those high-res audio formats the kids like so much in a truly superior fashion. Dual HDMI 1.3a outputs capable of splitting or duplicating the workload, RS-232C control and heavy solid steel construction just further the point -- if you'd like to pay more than the price of a PS3 for a fully featured Blu-ray player, here's a good reason. The only truly sad news is that the $2,199 price and "2008" release date remain unchanged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)