The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Sneak Peek [HD]

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Dont look to bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I went and saw it today. I really enjoyed it... The pace and visual imaging (I saw in HFR 3D) made me feel like I was reading the book in a big easy chair...

Then of course they suddenly ended the movie, just when it was getting good... AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

"The Desolation of Smaug" works better than the first installation of Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit". It's action-packed (I was worried that I might snooze since I saw it at 9:40pm) and the addition of Legolas and Tauriel, while not in the book, work much better than the "Great White Orc" villain in the first movie. Tauriel may replace Arwen as my favorite "Hellooooo, Elf" (as spoken by Yakko and Wakko Warner) character.

I also feel that the simultaneous backstory of Dol Guldur, while not fleshed out in the book of "The Hobbit", makes this fit in nicely with Jackson's "Lord of the Rings" movies.

I wish the first movie was as good as this one. It's worth the $10+ to see this in 3D as it really draws you into Middle Earth.

Regarding the end, well, they want you back in the theater next year, now don't they?

Oh, and I missed the Doctor Who connection in the two movies until I spotted a familiar name in the credits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)