snowpiercer

Confirmation Season 4 will be the last stop for Snowpiercer Snowpiercer to End With Season 4

Not surprising given corporate decisions at TNT. Hopefully they have enough time to wrap up the story.

I have watched all of it but I still think the ark train is a goofy idea.

After seeing the end of last year, I gotta presume she'll be in the next season.
Well if she is in it, you will never see it-

TNT has killed its last remaining original scripted series with the Warner Bros. Discovery network opting not to run the completed fourth and final season of its post-apocalyptic drama “Snowpiercer”.

The move is believed to be part of the tax write-offs for content at Warner Bros. Discovery.

Report I saw yesterday said it was being shopped around. We may still see the ending.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They have been shopping it around since the merger closed, late spring when they shelved all the other stuff that was almost done, like the Batgirl movie.

Warner is in massive trouble, 50 Billion in debt, almost everything at the Box Office flopped in 2022, interest payments are coming due.

Warner just put up it’s music division up for sale in a desperate move to make cash, in the comic book world, rumors are Warner approached Disney/Marvel about buying DC, but the price was too high.

Here is more info-

Warner Bros. Discovery's balance sheet is downright frightening. The company has a total debt of $50.4 billion, with just $2.5 billion of cash on hand. Interest payments in the third quarter alone totaled $555 million. This would be less of a problem if the company was churning out cash, but it's not. Elevated costs and a tough advertising environment led to a free cash flow loss in the third quarter.

Warner Bros. Discovery's balance sheet is the biggest risk facing the company. The company needs to start generating free cash flow as quickly as possible, not only to service that debt but also to pay it down. Any debt that Warner Bros. Discovery needs to refinance is likely to result in higher interest payments, given how much interest rates have risen this year.

More than $13.6 billion of senior notes mature within five years, and those notes carry a weighted average interest rate of 3.6%. The company also has $4 billion of term loans that mature in less than three years. Any debt that ends up being refinanced is likely to be more expensive, so there's a strong incentive for the company to pay down some of this debt as it comes due.

Since it's already all in the can, I would think SYFY might be interested.

Since it's already all in the can, I would think SYFY might be interested.
The newest rumor is Warner/Discovery-TNT still has the right to air and they want way too much to allow it to go elsewhere, not just Season 4, but the previous 3 Seasons which are no longer on HBOMAX.

It is then in Warner benefit to never air it and get the Tax Savings.

But Warner does not own it, unlike the other stuff Warner shelved that was done (Batgirl movie, new Scooby Doo movie), so the studio ( CJ Entertainment ) will just have to wait until the contract is over.

So, the only hope for now is if someone overpays for it ( more then the tax savings), but it never received that great of ratings.

This is just the United States, it should still air overseas.

Warner’s exclusive licensing timeframe in the United States is almost up and AMC picked it up, rumors from work is AMC got it at a great price from the producers ( Warner does not own it).

Reactions: worstman1
Warner’s exclusive licensing timeframe in the United States is almost up and AMC picked it up, rumors from work is AMC got it at a great price from the producers ( Warner does not own it).

Why do they have to wait so long to put it on the air? I mean 2025! I could be dead by then!:mad:

Why do they have to wait so long to put it on the air? I mean 2025! I could be dead by then!:mad:
Because Warner cannot air it because of the tax benefits it received, since it license does not expire until the end of the 2024/early 2025.

So when it does expire, AMC gets it, but only in the United States, I believe it has already aired outside the States.

Reactions: Howard Simmons