SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
New York
This was posted on the Metsblog :

02:42 PM - Situation: on SNY

...posted by Matthew Cerrone...
The Television Situation…

The buzz from a variety of readers that work for Cablevision is that the company has sent an internal memo that indicates all Mets games will be broadcast to its subscribers, even if negotiations are not finalized…

Regardless, as I have mentioned in the past, language coming from SNY seems to be far more positive than that coming from Cablevision…

A person affiliated with talks between Cablevision and SNY has told me that once an agreement is reached, SNY will be located on channel 73, in place of C-SPAN 2…

From what I can gather, the reason most people feel a deal between these two sides will ultimately be reached, is because Comcast is gobbling up cable content left and right, and it is only a matter of time before Cablevision needs Comcast, who is part owner of SNY. To avoid a power-play down the road, unrelated to the Mets, Cablevision is expected to comply…

My guess is that this rumored internal memo from Cablevision to its employees, if true, is a sign that the company has no intention of slapping Comcast, Time Warner, the Mets and SNY in the face while trying to negotiate a deal…

My apologies to those of you looking for information on SNY’s status with DISH and DirecTV. Again, similar to the situation with Cablevision, every indication is that something with the satellite providers will be worked out, it is only a matter of time…

http://www.metsblog.com/

This is usually a pretty reliable source for Met news. Has anyone heard anything about this. Can anyone here from Cablevision confirm this internal memo ?

I don't think Cablevision wants another YES debacle. The Mets are Long Island's more do than the Yanks because of the proximity and ease of travel to Shea.

They can't afford the negative publicity. I'm sure SNY is going to want family tier carriage as well.

CV has its earnings conference call on Monday. I'm sure a question about SNY will be asked, hopefully CV will have something good to say about it.

Will they carry the HD feed as well? WPIX will be doing the home HD games which seems to imply that SNY has already HD cameras at shea stadium.

SNY looks like they will be doing a better job than Yes HD. Yes HD only has game HD but studio is SD and most of post-games highlighs are SD.

Well, I hope we get the HD channel from Cablevision. I will not believe it until I see it on in front of me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)