So bad it's funny

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
A few of you may recall that I've occasionally surcombed to hyper-rants about the state of OTA digital in Vermont and the inability of Dish to get it's perverbial sh*t together about HD DNS and / or HD LiLs.

Well this is an example of what we deal with up here:

This is in response to an inquiry about how the new construction is going that will enable the big 4 networks to transmit digital OTA in Burlington, Vt.

To kind of qualify this, the affiliates for the big 4 got together and formed a cozy little coalition to construct new towers and facilities for doing digital. (nice way to insure the competition doesn't get ahead of you). They've only been didley fu*king around with permits and planning meetings for a few years now and started access roads last summer.

"Most of the work done over the winter was interior at the WCAX building. Tower work and other outdoor construction resumes in June after the nesting period of the Bicknell's thrushes that live on Mt. Mansfield, and we're still looking at late fall for a launch."

I can't friggin stand it!:eek:

webbydude said:
:p ...AND it's free!

Yea, well maybe if you send your avatar to Vt to kill all the friggen Bricknell thrushes, that'll at least eliminate one of the delays.

waltinvt said:
A few of you may recall that I've occasionally surcombed to hyper-rants about the state of OTA digital in Vermont and the inability of Dish to ....

Walt on a rant? No!! I can't believe it!!! :D

Here in Dallas, I recall a similar news story about a month ago... some birds (parakeets, I think) were nesting in electric towers. So the local electric company had to build them a new habitat near-by. I kept thinking "I'll be paying for that in my next bill!!"

Walt, did I read correctly elsewhere that you went for the 622? What convinced you?

KeithInDallas said:
Walt on a rant? No!! I can't believe it!!! :D

Here in Dallas, I recall a similar news story about a month ago... some birds (parakeets, I think) were nesting in electric towers. So the local electric company had to build them a new habitat near-by. I kept thinking "I'll be paying for that in my next bill!!"

Walt, did I read correctly elsewhere that you went for the 622? What convinced you?

When I thought about replacing my 508 in the family room, I decided that if I was going to spend some money anyway, why not just move the 942 out there and spend it on a 622 for the living room. For the $299, I got the 622 and picked up the new MPEG4 channels for the living room; get to keep the 942 and use in the family room to more than double the HDD space plus pick up the SD versions of all the HD channels that couldn't seen with the 508; plus I've still got the 508, which I can sell or let one of the kids use. Oh, and since there was no real install required for the 622, I got the installer to replace my LNBs with DPP, so a new line wasn't needed for the new 942 location. All in all it just seemed to make sense and when they start doing even swaps of 622s for 942s, I'll do that and be all set for HD / MPEG4 in both rooms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)