So close with 129 I can taste it!

Tech27 said:
the way to pick up the 119/129 on a dish 500 is to tune in 119 and 110. Then slowly turn the dish to the west. You will move off of 119 and begin to pick up another signal. This will be 129. You will need to raise the elevation just a bit to peak it out. Using this technique and adding a second dish to pick up 110 would allow you to have a dish1000 without actually having one. In case your wondering I'm not bored. I just do this for a living and have accidently tuned into 119/129 a couple of times.
That's NOT recommended. You are much better off having the DPP-Twin looking at 119/110. Oh - and you lower the elevation when moving from 119/110 to 129/119.

When using a DP-Twin to feed the 3rd bird input on a DPP-Twin, make sure you use port #1 (the 119 side) for both aiming and connection. To be sure, cover the 110 eye with foil while aiming.

From your last post saying you mounted it on the 110 side, I'll going to guess you did that because that's where the cable already was - therefore you were trying to use the "wrong" side of the DP-Twin to drive the DPP-Twin.

SimpleSimon said:
Oh - and you lower the elevation when moving from 119/110 to 129/119.
Simon, in another thread I saw someone say, "and raise the elevation" when moving over to 129 and wondered where they lived (Hawaii?) Here in the Midwest (and most of the country), the elevation for 129 is lower than 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts