So close with 129 I can taste it!

frodo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
Portland, Or
So I have tryed a bunch of combos, but I think this should be working...

Dish Pro 500 with the 119 feed getting a 90 signal on the 129 bird. I then put that 129 feed into the DPP 500 Input on the LNB (the built in switch) and feed that to my 811 and 522. When I do a check switch they both see the DPP 500 and the Dp500 BUT the DP500 signal I can get alone is now gone... Any bright Ideas?

Now im not too sure, but I heard from somewhere (maybe a post?) that that port is disabled, for 'future' use, dunno if its true, but it would explain it (or if it works, are you using both DPP lnb's? namely im not too sure, but i dont recall any DPP dual's being out!)

Meh sorry, upon reflection this seems more confusing than leading to any answers!

Yes, your post is very confusing. Are you trying to plug a DishPro Twin into a DishProPLUS Twin? I don't know why you would want to do that, but I don't think it will work. The DPP Twin is only designed to work with a DP Dual (or single if there is such a thing).

I personally have a weird setup due to tree issues. (119 and 129 on a 500 dish with a DPP Twin, 110 on a standard dish with a DP Dual fed through the DPP Twin.)

If you're doing this because you had an extra Dish 500 laying around, you could probably just buy a DP Dual for $35 or so and just put it in one side of the 500 to get 129.

From what i got from the post, he has a dpptwin.. I have a similar setup. Dish 500 picking up 119, 110 with a dpptwin. Then a d300 picking up 129 with a dp dual feeding into the lnb in port on the dpptwin. If thats how its hooked up, it should work.

do you have 2 d500's?if so,...what type of lnb on the d500? a ddp twin will wrk in conjunction w/ dp sngl/dual. hook lnb into port on dpp twin...point dish..run sw test.you should be good to go.

CivicOnBoostEK said:
From what i got from the post, he has a dpptwin.. I have a similar setup. Dish 500 picking up 119, 110 with a dpptwin. Then a d300 picking up 129 with a dp dual feeding into the lnb in port on the dpptwin. If thats how its hooked up, it should work.

Well, that's the standard set up. But read it again...that's not what he's doing. It's not clear what he IS doing, but it's not standard.

He's calling his LNBs "500s". My guess is he means "Twins". In that case, he's plugging a DP Twin into a DPP Twin, and I don't think that'll work.

Frodo...what is it you're trying to say? Use your words... :)

He's calling his LNBs "500s". My guess is he means "Twins". In that case, he's plugging a DP Twin into a DPP Twin, and I don't think that'll work.

yes this is what I am doing. but it sounds like if my 129 lnb is were a dual and not a twin this would work? I guess i am assuming dual and twin are the same since they have the same meaning, but maybe not in dish lingo?

Dual-has one “eye” and can only see one satellite (110, 119, 129, 61.5, 148) and has two outputs right next to each other
Twin-looks like 2 LNB’s together..the “eye” is oblong (oval) and has a switch built in. Can see 110/119 or 119/129.

You cannot use a DPPTwin and a DP Twin together. The LNB for 129 has to be a DP single or dual : )

Actually you can use a DP Twin with a DPP Twin

I did Hundreds of installes in the last 8 months in Lubbock Texas. They have to have a second dish for their locals pointed at. 148. We have used the DP Twin/DDP Twin combonation flawlessly. Never once an issue. Our company uses the same setup in a couple of other markets as well. So It does and will work. Tried and tested.

A Dual or a twin will work the same either way in a Dish Pro setup. I know you would think that the built in switches would interfere with each other but they don't. This setup works great. As a matter of fact I have my second dish (supposed to be for locals) pointed at 61.5 for the Voom channels. Ran into my dpptwin that is on the dish 500. Works fine all the time. I know because I have a 942 and record a lot. I also have been able to tune a dish 500 in to pick up 119 and 129 for anyone out there curious about picking up 129 without the dish 1000

the way to pick up the 119/129 on a dish 500 is to tune in 119 and 110. Then slowly turn the dish to the west. You will move off of 119 and begin to pick up another signal. This will be 129. You will need to raise the elevation just a bit to peak it out. Using this technique and adding a second dish to pick up 110 would allow you to have a dish1000 without actually having one. In case your wondering I'm not bored. I just do this for a living and have accidently tuned into 119/129 a couple of times.

frodo said:
I guess i am assuming dual and twin are the same since they have the same meaning, but maybe not in dish lingo?
No, they're different, and the related but different meanings of the words is the source of the confusion. Don't feel bad, you're not the first and won't be the last to mis-use the names. Click "here's why" in my signature for a more complete explanation.

Single - 1 LNB, 1 output
Dual - 1 LNB, 2 ouputs, same size as a Single
Twin - 2 LNBs, 2 outputs, integrated switch, 6" wide assembly
Quad - 2 LNBs, 4 outputs, integrated switch, 6" wide assembly

Tech27 said:
the way to pick up the 119/129 on a dish 500 is to tune in 119 and 110. Then slowly turn the dish to the west. You will move off of 119 and begin to pick up another signal. This will be 129. You will need to raise the elevation just a bit to peak it out. Using this technique and adding a second dish to pick up 110 would allow you to have a dish1000 without actually having one. In case your wondering I'm not bored. I just do this for a living and have accidently tuned into 119/129 a couple of times.

That's the setup I have, but I don't know why Frodo (or most people) would want to do that. Why not just leave the 500 where it's at and add the second dish at 129?

For some reason, Frodo has two DISH500s, but most people have an extra DISH 300. Either way, it's easy to point the extra dish at 129. No one ever said you had to have a DISH1000.

(The reason I have it is that trees began interferring with the 110 signal, but I couldn't get 119 on the other mast I had installed- which was pointed at 148. When 129 fired up, I moved the 148 dish to 110 and the 500 dish to 119/129. In my case, the DISH1000 wasn't a viable option at all.)

So all these post and they all seem to have different answers. I have a DP Twin geting a good signal from 129 straight to my 811 box . I have the normal DPP Twin that has a input on it and I rant the good signal from the 129 sat to it and then it will not work. the check switch shows its all working on the signal from 129 is just gone. So if I understand all this right my DP Twin can NOT goto my DPP Twin?

Frodo, several people have said that this setup works. But I was told the same thing about my legacy-switch setup, and I could never get it to work. I wound up getting a DPP Twin and DP Dual.

I think your best bet is to get a DP Dual and mount it on one side of your 129 Dish. It will only cost about $35.

:shocked I have a Legacy System hooked up to an SW 64 switch. I have a Dish 500 for the 110/119 and a Dish 300 for the 129 sat. I have a 921 Receiver in my main Home Theater room and an 811 for a flat panel in the kitchen. I pick up the 129 sat and Voom channels on the 921 Receiver but the 811 does not recognize the 129 sat. Have swapped lines and cables but to no avail. The 811 receiver will not talk to the 129 sat. Only the 110/119. Any suggestions??

Thanks in Advance.

OK it worked. I got a DUAL lnb on ebay (actually 2 of them for $2 total) and put it on the 110 side of the dish and bam, I have the Dual going into the DPP Twin lnb input and it all works on my 811. So yes I could have had dish come out for $99 and do it but I ended up after buying a switch and selling it again and using a old dish, spending $8 total to get voom set up. now the time it took to figure this all out, well....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)