So Confused about plans

LineNoise

Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
I signed up last February and got the $20 off for 10 months and now that is over. I am so confused about the plans now, before it was $20 for HD, but now there's so many other options for HD

2 -01 02-06 EQUIPMENT 5.00
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
FROM 02/13/2008 TO 03/12/2008
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
ADDITIONAL RECEIVER
1pixel.gif
2 -02 02-06
PROGRAMMING 20.00
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
DISHHD ULTIMATE
1pixel.gif
2 -03 02-06
PROGRAMMING 37.99
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE AMERICA'S TOP
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif
100 WITH LOCALS
1pixel.gif
1pixel.gif

Total Miscellaneous Charges and Credits 62.99

I wish I could just pay for the locals and TLC HD and Discovery HD and i'd be set.

What are my options? I'm mainly looking for lowest monthly cost. I was considering doing the free DVR upgrade until my promo ran out and the monthly fee went up.

I loathe calling dish so much that I am hoping you guys could just tell me what to say to them. At this point i'd rather call and pay the ETF just so I won't have to deal with them. I'd go back to Comcast just to not have to deal with Dish. :(

Thank you kindly!

Do the hd pack for $29.99 + 5.00 for locals and you will get all the hd channels that DISH has + the sd equivalents , but no rsn in hd or sd. THis it the cheapest way to get what you want . IT would cost you about 34.99 a month unless you had a dvr then add 5.98 to the total .

rsn?

So you get SD with the HD plan, I thought it was HD only. Thanks for the clarification, that make a lot more sense now.

Would I have to pay the $5 for the extra reciever still?

Thanks! You've been a huge help!

rsn?

So you get SD with the HD plan, I thought it was HD only. Thanks for the clarification, that make a lot more sense now.

Would I have to pay the $5 for the extra reciever still?

Thanks! You've been a huge help!

RSN= Regional Sports Network. It is where you would watch your local Professional Sports Teams.

As for the $5 fee for the extra receiver, you will have that (along with any other fees you have for your receivers) that you continue to have service on. If you discontinue service to one receiver (so you only have 1 receiver), then there would be NO $5 Extra Receiver Fee.

Geoff

I just called in and they said that it's $29.99 in conjunction with another plan, i.e. America's Top 100. See my point? I think I am just going to cancel. They want to charge me $29.99 for what I am already getting for $20. I can't believe this. Why does everything have to be so difficult?

Are you all sure it's $29.99 for the HD AND their SD equivelants? I can not find anything on Dish's site about it including SD and ATT (Whom I am bundled through and who I have to call for CS) doesn't even have the plans on their site.

Whatever that rep told you is not right. You can get the HD-Only pack for $30. You would only need AT100 to get your RSN, which is absurd by the way. I really hope they fix that before Duck football in the fall.

Call back. Tell them to drop your current plan, and that you only want the Dish HD $29.99/month plan, plus locals.

Extra HD receivers are $7/month now, and extra SD receivers are $5/month.

Here's my bill showing credit for partial month under the old plan, and pro-rated for the new plan.

Code:
        ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE  	5.00
	DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 02/11-02/29 	-39.29
	DISHHD ULTIMATE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 02/11-02/29 	-13.10
	DISHHD WITH LOCALS 	34.99
	DISHHD WITH LOCALS PARTIAL MONTH(S) 02/11-02/29 	22.91
	LEASED RECEIVER FEE 	7.00
	LEASED RECEIVER FEE 	7.00

Sorry to bring back an old(er) thread...again, but I finally took the initiative to call after I got my bill.

It took 4 phone calls today to get this straightened out. First call, I wasn't authorized on my own account and there was nothing they can do. I think it was because I didn't spell my last name, it's the equivalent of Phone and Fone for example.

Second call I made my wife call, the guy was saying that it's an add-on and that we already get HD for $20/mo and he'll be happy to charge us an extra $9.99, but it's unnecessary.

Third call I called back, a girl this time tried the same tactic to confuse me and say that I am already getting it for $20 why would I want to pay $10 more, as I explained to drop the Americas top 100 plan, she said that's not possible and I asked her if she was aware of the $29.99 plan, she agreed and was "Well aware" of the $29.99 plan she then preceded to put me on hold for 6 minutes "to research what she has to do in order to charge me an extra $9.99 or switch to the plan" I hung up.

As I dug my phone from the drywall I made my Fourth call, and had the plan changed within 3 minutes. Yeah, no joke! She even read to me the channels I will be getting, I couldn't believe it.

I really wish I paid the damn $50 and took no contract, they bill it to a damn credit card, I paid it anyways boy am I kicking myself now. My wife keeps badgering me for the DVR, there's not a chance in hell I am going to get locked in to anymore time with this company.

Dish customer service is spotty, to put it polite terms. I've tried to gather information from their site and by email and by phone and its all over the map. You shouldn't need Satellite Guys to figure this stuff out. I dread my next change.

wow that sucks. i did it over the "chat" window on the dish website and it was super easy.

I am bundled with ATT and the guy said that only ATT can access bundled accounts so I wasn't able to use the online chat thingy.

Which is a shame because I don't have to be bundled with ATT, they lied to me about the $4 bundle discount when I signed up, it's only on plans $49.99 or higher or something like that, so I could technically be unbundled, but I don't want to open that can of worms. I'm sure it would be like trying to launch a satellite for them.

I did get the $4/mo discount for a year, BTW. ATT did credit me back $48 after I called in asked where the discount was because I remember the lady making such a big deal out of it because locals we're included and I get the $4 so it's "like you're saving $9 a month!" Lies, blatent LIES!! :)

Dish customer service is spotty, to put it polite terms. I've tried to gather information from their site and by email and by phone and its all over the map. You shouldn't need Satellite Guys to figure this stuff out. I dread my next change.

I am so glad that I am not the only one. I try to be educated, not waste their time, I wish I could get the same in return. I didn't want to waste people time on here having them explain to me what the Dish CS should do, but I knew that wasn't going to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)