So Happy, I really could sing in the Rain!

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I don't know why, but I just feel very happy tonight (this moning). Anyone say free beer? OK, that will make me happy!

I have been playing with my AZBox (Premium Plus) and it is working swell! Re-watching the Pink Panther movie that I recorded last night and just busting a gut.

I installed firmware version 0.9.5301 yesterday and so far everything is fine. All the DVB-S2/8PSK channels are coming in as they were with version 0.9.5020. No improvement but no backtracking here. There are some channels out there that I just never have been able to make work. The new firmware didn't help me on this subject. I guess I will have to get my dish tuned better for those signals.

I have tested my support programs (ACC v 1.1, MaZEdit 3.1.0 and FileZilla version 3.3.5.1) All are working perfectly so far. Everything that I have used them for in the past is still working exceptionally well.

If you want to download the firmware 0.9.5301, go ahead and save it in your computer's library, but don't install it in your AZBox just yet. I haven't tested it fully myself so if you install it, you are taking the situation into your own hands.

So far, I say it is OK. I just have not got around to testing everything, but loading it should not crash your receiever. It is safe enough for that. I have not detected any unique differences between 5301 and 5020 yet. But, as I stated I have not got around to looking at the whole picture just yet. If you want to install 0.9.5301 firmware, you are safe, but I don't know if you will see an imporovement.

I will leave you now with a happy message, one of my favorites....

YouTube - "I'm Singing in the rain", Gene Kelly

Enjoy!

RADAR

Last edited:
I will sit on the fence until the consensus is that it is a real improvement. My AZbox works great, I only use it for TV. All the multimedia bells and whistles don't make it go faster IMHO.

Great to hear Radar! :up

It is kind of cloudy here. :(

I have a Openbox and it has been great but I have not played with the PVR

functions yet. This weekend and last have been melon weekends - honey dew this

and honey dew that! ;) We painted the master bathroom last weekend and today

the master bathroom! The good side is that I will have the new LCD installed in the

bathroom tomorrow night!!!... :p

*** When this was posted the thread was not in the AZBox Discussion! :eek: Sorry!

Last edited:
I'm having issues with ABC muxes and they keep pixolating. I dont know if the heavy rain and lightning had anything to do with it, but I would chalk it up to the AZBOX more than anything. I just updated to 5301, but I think tomorrow I will give dual booting a shot with Enigma.

I'm having issues with ABC muxes and they keep pixolating. I dont know if the heavy rain and lightning had anything to do with it, but I would chalk it up to the AZBOX more than anything. I just updated to 5301, but I think tomorrow I will give dual booting a shot with Enigma.

Good luck with that venture K9. Read all that the guys have posted there first and be cautious. You've been around long enough to know to take your safety net with you. :)

Let us know how that works out for you.

RADAR

Radar, think the movie this weekend was: Pink Panther Strikes Again, I too saw it & laughed pretty hard: "Ah yes the Parallel Bars"!.... "What's that you said".... How about when the Drawbridge at the Castle slammed down and left him walking in the Moat in the Canoe!! .... and the Laughing Gas!!

Going to try the newest Firmware, I guess it really doesn't matter that I didn't download 5300 to AZbox, as long as I install 5301? That is, will 5301 pick up all the latest changes?

Radar, think the movie this weekend was: Pink Panther Strikes Again, I too saw it & laughed pretty hard: "Ah yes the Parallel Bars"!.... "What's that you said".... How about when the Drawbridge at the Castle slammed down and left him walking in the Moat in the Canoe!! .... and the Laughing Gas!!

Going to try the newest Firmware, I guess it really doesn't matter that I didn't download 5300 to AZbox, as long as I install 5301? That is, will 5301 pick up all the latest changes?

Yes, you can skip over 5300 and go right to 5301. All the changes will come with it and be applied. It appears that they You-Tube feature works, but I cannot test it very well. My connection speed is too slow and it has to buffer a lot.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)