So how would you get the Tour de France without OLN?

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Been wishin' and hopin' that E* and OLN will make nice-nice and settle their dispute, but that seems to be fading into oblivion, especially with the NHL playoffs approaching, which would otherwise seem to be a catalyst for resolution due to fan pressure.

Anyway, I really do not want to pay full freight to D* for just one channel. I had hoped maybe the German channel package might be the solution, assuming the Tour would be televised live, given the European interest in biking. I did not receive any response from either Deutsche Welle or ProSieben to my online inquiries, and other members of SatelliteGuys have indicated a likelihood of no coverage by these sources.

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there looking into this same issue. I have dutifully mailed E* several times about wanting OLN back, I just get the usual platitudiness reply.

Thanks for any ideas:)

I am also very upset about the whole OLN and Tour de France issue. That is a good idea looking for a german station. Please keep us updated if you find anything out. The whole reason we got dish years ago was to get the tour on OLN...I really want it back!!

Count me in also. I don't really care too much, but my 15-yr old biking/snowboarding son is gonna be upset if he can't see the Tour. I dropped Dish an e-mail complaining about it - probably our only (not very useful) option.

I've written to CEO@echostar.com about the OLN situation two or three times. They have called me back at least twice and keep saying they are in negotiations.

At first they made it sound like it would be settled right away, but last time or two, just they were negotiating. I'm not too far from just switching to Directv or cable so I can get OLN again.

Probably time to write CEO@echostar.com again. What's weird, after they dropped OLN, instead of giving me a credit for dropping the channel, the America's 180 level got a 2006 price INCREASE. Not a good way to keep customers.

dendavis said:
Been wishin' and hopin' that E* and OLN will make nice-nice and settle their dispute, but that seems to be fading into oblivion, especially with the NHL playoffs approaching, which would otherwise seem to be a catalyst for resolution due to fan pressure.

Anyway, I really do not want to pay full freight to D* for just one channel. I had hoped maybe the German channel package might be the solution, assuming the Tour would be televised live, given the European interest in biking. I did not receive any response from either Deutsche Welle or ProSieben to my online inquiries, and other members of SatelliteGuys have indicated a likelihood of no coverage by these sources.

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there looking into this same issue. I have dutifully mailed E* several times about wanting OLN back, I just get the usual platitudiness reply.

Thanks for any ideas:)

I work overnights and before I got my Slingbox, the only way I could keep up with the Tour in a "live" manner was either through the live OLN audio feed (same audio as on tv, just no picture). That was available two years ago, but not last year.

Last year I was able to keep up through EuroSport, which did the same thing as OLN (live audio, no pictures). Coverage was pretty good for the most part.

I'm hoping this all gets resolved before the Tour starts because my Slingbox is ready to go for that and the World Cup.

EvilEuro said:
I work overnights and before I got my Slingbox, the only way I could keep up with the Tour in a "live" manner was either through the live OLN audio feed (same audio as on tv, just no picture). That was available two years ago, but not last year.

Last year I was able to keep up through EuroSport, which did the same thing as OLN (live audio, no pictures). Coverage was pretty good for the most part.

I'm hoping this all gets resolved before the Tour starts because my Slingbox is ready to go for that and the World Cup.

Speaking of EuroSport, my son, who has Time Warner cable, and thus OLN, suggested EuroSport. I did not see any reference to it in the DISH lineup, but a Google search found this answer to a query on tracksat.com:

"Ans.: The Eurosport channel is available on the Insat 3A satellite as a part of the DISH TV DTH package."

So, question is: does anyone know WTF this is all about?:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts