Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you might has seen last week was a bumpy ride for SatelliteGuys and our servers. People were having trouble get to the site because of DNS issues and others could get to the page but things like avatars were not working for some.

I spent Thursday and Friday going through the servers will a fine tooth comb. I have turned off the majority of serving from our cloud servers, so now avatars and most other static image files are now coming directly from our server instead of the cloud.

Our iOS app has been updated and that seems to have fixed the miss parts of posts issue we had. :D

I take great pride in the the operation of SatelliteGuys so I was very upset at the issues we had last week. I apologize for them as the majority of the issues were caused by servers we do not control.

So the question now is how are things running? :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

I had to do a disk repair on my Mac Mini this weekend. That sped up my machine by a whole bunch. That said, except for the logging in process, the website is lightning fast.

No Runs, No drips, no errors :) Everything seems to be 100% and nice and speedy on both sides of the login ;)

Yeah, I think it's at least as zippy as before. Great job Scott! And thanks.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication Scott. We do appreciate it.

Everything's working fine here. There was one day last week that I kept getting booted off the site, but other than that, everything's been working great for me. Thanks, Scott!

I'm missing my avatar since last week, BUT, only when I log in here from work. I suspect it might be because of a tweak they made to the firewall, but I don't know for sure. I do see most if not all other avatars, so that's odd that only mine is missing... At work I'm stuck using Win7 and IE 11, since they have all other browsers blocked. I see my avatar fine with Win7 and latest FF through my home pc, when I am at home on my personal network.

It does seem to have improved a lot. I seem to see faster service from the server than from the CDN networks.

Looking good Scott !

Keep up the good work !
Wait, hopefully you can avoid work on the site, other than the normal stuff ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts