SO I cancelled Dish and they sent me the WRONG boxes

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
Ok I had a 522, 2 510s and a 811 (i owned the 811)

What did they send me..

2 boxes.

for the little tiny little receivers the 111s or something... so if you cancel dish make sure you have boxes... oi

Is it the same product box, or a different box just for shipping? Cause I still have mine if they screw up

How much would you offer for your 811?

be very careful with this. a few months ago a similar thread was on here. dish messed up with the boxes or something like that. the guy called up and dish sent him new boxes. they never adjusted the date on when the receivers needed to be back and wound up charging him for them. i believe it took weeks to work out and get his money back.

i would suggest if dish has your bank account number that you call your bank and tell them you are done with dish network and for them not to authorize any more charges against your account.

I would add, get boxes that the receivers will fit in. You can get these from a grocery store.

ShadowEKU said:
Ok I had a 522, 2 510s and a 811 (i owned the 811)

What did they send me..

2 boxes.

for the little tiny little receivers the 111s or something... so if you cancel dish make sure you have boxes... oi

Wanna sell your 811?

I had a box sitting around that I could fit them in. so all is packed up... i have extra boxes though.

Ill sell my 811... are these actually in demand? I have a DP34 as well.... make me an offer.

if you were sent boxes to send your receivers back, theyre leased..if you sell it, it probably wont be transferable to another account anyway... if you need a 811 just call and see if you can do the dishin it up thing for a 811

GaryPen said:
If you actually read the guy's original post before giving advice, you'd see he said that he owned the 811, and the rest were leased.

Yup...

Dish woud not lease me another receiver or swap out one I had for the 811 so I went to a local dealer and bought it. If I do sell it Ill send the receipt in the box

Have to be careful, the original paperwork really says the customer has to ship everything back so the process of having us shipping boxes is done as a courtesy, not a requisite.

drod said:
Have to be careful, the original paperwork really says the customer has to ship everything back so the process of having us shipping boxes is done as a courtesy, not a requisite.

the contract that I signed it says that Boxes will be shipped to the customer with prepaid lables for return. if the receivers are not.... etc

Also if it is done as a courtesy you might want to consider leaving the original boxes. the installer took mine and when i asked he said dish required it.

drod said:

you also may want to note that you are violating your companies policy by posting here. just an FYI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)