So I cant have the "Multi Sport Package" with the "HD Only Pack"

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Just trying to clarify. Was looking online and I can add it for $5.99, usually do for Coll Football. Am thinking I cant have it with the HD only, correct?

You can't add it with the current HD only pack, but it appears you can with the new Turbo HD packages that have been announced (RSN's included in Silver and Gold packages).

Yeah, I learned this the hard way last week. I made three separate phone calls on different days to see if I got the same answer about it, and all said it was possible. Actually, one even said that my own local HD RSN was already included in the HD only package.

Anyway, the dish went up on my roof Thursday, and it took the next two days to finally get to a manager who informed me apologetically that in order to get what I want, it would cost almost 2x what I was originally sold, and there would be less HD channels (AT100 @$62 + versus HD Only @ $29+$6 RSNs as it was explained to me)

At best, Dish CSRs are horrendously misinformed about their products. At worst, this was bait and switch. Some of them put me on hold to flip through their binders or ask someone else, some just went off the cuff and told me what I wanted to hear without hesitation. Amazingly, every last one of them came back with the wrong answer, including two calls after the installation had occurred.

Anyway, rant over, now I have to decide what to do. TurboHD Silver might come close depending on the lineup, but I didn't discover that until after they switched me to AT100+ for RSN purposes. Anyone know how long I have to keep this setup until I'm committed (installed 7/10)? Or am I committed now?

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts