So, I'm leaving Dish after 20+ years...

I am missing my Thunder even if they not very good. Vyve has a Pkg. deal with TIVO. I know that TIVO used to be good but not sure any more.

I have gone through the gambit every year to see if I could save money going elsewhere. Sure I could, but again I would lose a lot of channels I watch and many do not stream. The outboard DVR I have with the vip211k receiver (owned) along with the built in OTA tuner, and the free Dish Anywhere app on the Fire TV, I cannot find anything close. Dish also has the $10 add on movie pack with one Starz channel in that pack that gives me all of the Starz on Demand. Also they have all three Epix, Retro, and more. Again those are all available free on demand either through Dish anywhere or the separate channel app. Add to that Dish keeps adding more OTA diginets. Many are not available with an antenna here. So there are a lot of reasons I stay with Dish and they have been good to me. I yearly agree to a contract and they cut my bill. It is well worth it.

Reactions: satjay and jannah
I used to be a Dish customer. Until they gouged me to death and I realized what a POS Charlie is. Forget em! I have OTA, FTA, Hulu (99c per month/1 year Black Friday deal) and I trial Netflix now and again. Biggest thing is proving you have other options. Only then will they might compromise price...

I sadly had to make this decision last week.. i got a locked in 4 life promo via Suddenlink and i could not say no..save $50 a month and go to 100mbps to 400. I missed my HBO and fox regional (thunder Up)!

I sadly had to make this decision last week.. i got a locked in 4 life promo via Suddenlink and i could not say no..save $50 a month and go to 100mbps to 400. I missed my HBO and fox regional (thunder Up)!

Just be sure not to call Suddenlink unless you really have to because they will charge you $60 to come to your house even if it’s their fault and it takes a message to the Better Business Bureau to get the fee removed. I had their Internet for a year but they’re supposed 400 Mb package which was really only 250 Mb they say up to 400. The trick was getting the one gig modem for the extra channels to get the speed that I was supposed to get. When you cancel they will not prorate you’re bill you will be paying for the whole month even if it’s on for one day into the next month.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts