So Tired of Dish Networks games ......

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Dish Network has got me enraged right now, They had 1 months notice that I was disconnecting service, "way more notice then they ever gave me for anything":rant:

Anyway I call today, and finally got someone on the phone after several attepments the past week from the loyalty department placing me on hold the minute they knew I was canceling my service and make me wait over 20 minutes and then not ever come back to the phone, to tell me final balance and where to ship my 722, because I'd rather pay UPS then give Dish Network money for a shipping label.

So they asked again why am I leaving, now I've already told them why like 4 times. So I told them again.
Well I don't like paying $17 for addtional DVRs, I don't like Channel drops and I don't like Multiple Price increases several times a year. I don't Like that I pay $6 per month on the protection plan and still have to pay $15 for a service call, I don't like that I pay for HD service, But still had to pay $15 extra dollars to switch to eastern Arc just to get all of them.
I don't like that I have to pay to ship back recievers that aren't even mine.

I DON'T LIKE BEING PUT ON HOLD FOR 20 PLUS MINUTES SEVERAL TIMES JUST TO GET AN ADDRESS AND FINAL BALANCE.

Games that all this was to them.

So my service has been disconnected, and now my 722 will be shipped today.

Loyalty department is a Joke.
I see any addtional charge, BBB is where I'm taking it too.;)

Good luck to anyone who wants to cancel service with a commitment.

Another good point in owning equipment is Kiss My A** bye! If you are really mad, throw stuff in trash and if not, recover a few bucks on Ebay .

It just sucks they draw this out, Just to make you pay another month of service.

This Time , I said get me someone right now or my next call is going to WNEP TV Channel 16.

I waited about 15 seconds .:)

Making you stay on hold is something I think they are told to do, Direct does it all the time..

But even with how much Dish sucks it is still the best choice for the best price. I've been with them for 10years now.

Why don't you tell them you are moving to Canada or England or some where they can't provide service. I did this back when I switched from Dish and it made things a lot smoother. I dud it with DirecTv too.

Why don't you tell them you are moving to Canada or England or some where they can't provide service. I did this back when I switched from Dish and it made things a lot smoother. I dud it with DirecTv too.
I wanted to make sure they knew why I was leaving, That way maybe just maybe they will work on those issues for the rest of their customers.

Gonna tell them I bought Charlies house in Colorado and we are having D* installed

I hear the OP, we were subs from near day one. E was such a improvement over cable:)

13 years later I dumped them over the fee jacking, if loyalty had offered to put the fees back to before the jacking I might have stayed, but am glad they didnt!

My comcast bundle of phone internet and TV, with my tivo is far better

before the fee jack AEP plus extra receivers 120 bucks a month, fee rape raised that 30 bucks plus minor package increase say 154 bucks just for TV:(

Comcast bundle 120 bucks for everything except movie premium movies which i rarely watched anyway.

E got me shopping and I saved big bucks thanks charlie:)

Its sad what they have done to themselves:(

cancel is trained to put you on hold and basically make it inconveient in the hopes you change your mind.

its nice not to get lost signal message during violent storms:) its nice that my TIVO is rock solid stable:) Apparently lacking the contiouning new software hassles of E. What did they fix? what new problem have they caused.....

E is going to be unhappy with the increasing churn they have created.

Heres one for you:(

In the 13 years I subbed figure 80 bucks a month times 13 years........

that totals near 13 grand and doesnt include all the new receivers dishes etc i bought....

i never thought about it this way and after all that they have the nerve to raise my monthly price 30 bucks?

After 1 year, your comcast price is going to go way up. I had it happen with cablevision. After the one year intro price, mine went from about $100 per month, to $160 per month, and that didn't include phone. Just internet and T.V. (For some reason phone not available in my area with them).
I'm also pretty peaved at Dish for their big increases. I got talked into a 222 duo receiver when I signed up, due to less monthly fees, when I wanted 2 211's. Well of course now, it would be the same price to have the 2 HD receivers instead of just one. (722 is my main one.) I have also been shopping around, but still find dish to be my best bet. I really like the redzone channel for football, and cablevision doesn't carry that or nfl network, and with D*, you have to buy the Sunday ticket to get it, and that is just to expensive.

To speed things up when I pulled the plug on D$ was telling them that the equipment was disconnected and sitting in the floor ready to be returned,that I had already signed the contract with Dishnetwork.

With proper planning of the initial install Dish can save you real money over DirecTV on the monthly bill (Example 211 HD unit with external hard drive) I've turned an $80 per month bill into a $40 per month bill.:)

Does the OP think that Direct is going to do any better? The only way to avoid any of those problems is to just use an antenna.

To speed things up when I pulled the plug on D$ was telling them that the equipment was disconnected and sitting in the floor ready to be returned,that I had already signed the contract with Dishnetwork.

With proper planning of the initial install Dish can save you real money over DirecTV on the monthly bill (Example 211 HD unit with external hard drive) I've turned an $80 per month bill into a $40 per month bill.:)

Well when you compair 2 completely different packages your bound to save money.

You compairing top 120 to choice extra?

Does the OP think that Direct is going to do any better? The only way to avoid any of those problems is to just use an antenna.
I know its better, I've had them since 2004.
D* doesn't fee the hell out of you like E* does. E* does it even when your not a customer with their $15 Shipping BS.

After 1 year, your comcast price is going to go way up. I had it happen with cablevision. After the one year intro price, mine went from about $100 per month, to $160 per month, and that didn't include phone. Just internet and T.V. (For some reason phone not available in my area with them).
I'm also pretty peaved at Dish for their big increases. I got talked into a 222 duo receiver when I signed up, due to less monthly fees, when I wanted 2 211's. Well of course now, it would be the same price to have the 2 HD receivers instead of just one. (722 is my main one.) I have also been shopping around, but still find dish to be my best bet. I really like the redzone channel for football, and cablevision doesn't carry that or nfl network, and with D*, you have to buy the Sunday ticket to get it, and that is just to expensive.

You are wrong. Comcast now has 2 year price plan, his bill will go up $15 second year, and then $15 for the 3rd year. That's on the Triple Play.

Doesn't D* charge $5 for each additonal receiver after your first one?
Yes. Even if its an HD DVR

How About E*?:p

D* fee's on 3 HD DVRs, 100 hours HD recording 400 hours SD recording.

$7 DVR fee
$10 for 2 Addtional receivers
Total $17

Now E*
For 3 Vip 612 ,30 hours HD recording, 200 Hours SD recording.

$6 DVR fee
$20 for 2 addtional receivers

Total $26

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)