Dish helping Apple make money

Socalcracker

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Temecula ca
I got my 922 July 16 and have recorded many movies. I have watched 5 recorded movies--two were fine. One stopped recording about 20 minutes from the end, so I requested it to be recorded again a week later when it was in program guide. The second movie stopped about 15 minutes from end, was not available in program guide, so I rented the movie from Dish to see the end. I just watched about 45 minutes of another movie-- couldn't see the end because the recording had stopped, got mad, it wasn't available in program guide nor in Dish rentals, so I am renting it from Itunes.

Is this 922 partial recording a fluke with the 922, or another symptom of the problems Dish has had over last several weeks with their servers or what? Is there an easy way to tell if I got the whole recording before I start to watch a movie?

I am happy that I am getting green lights on both my iPhone Dish apps, without having to hit 922 reset or dhcp reset. I do find it strange that I have to login Dish remote access app, get no green light, log off, log on to sling player app, logoff, hit cancel so that the sling player I'd and password I typed into the app, get sent to dish, then after doing this several times get the green light, and can see what I have recorded on my 922.

Besides waiting for Sept, what can I do to make this a more enjoyable, hassle free experience?

contact dish tech support and see if they have an answer or they may determine you have a faulty unit. i've only had my 922 for a week or so but i haven't had any problems with recordings(knock on wood ;) ) hope it gets worked out for you. did you happen to notice if the guide info had the correct ending time? maybe it just got some bad program guide data?

So not really sure why your movies are getting cut off. There might be something wrong with the timers you're setting or possibly an error in the guide. IDK. If you access your 922 remotely using the iPhone app. I could see the system hanging up when the app triggers the TV1 output to begin playback while a recording is already taking place. Unfortunately, there's no real way to fix that because it's just something that the SlingPlayer app does for whatever reason. I would only use the iPhone app when you're sure nothing is recording. Just as a precaution.

As for your little logging on and off rain dance you seem to have to do when trying to access the receiver remotly, not sure why that's happening either. As long as you have the happy green lights on the receiver's banner, your DVR should light up green in the apps and on the website. Sometimes it takes a minute or two for the app/website to connect to your receiver and light up green. But I've never had to flip back and forth between apps to get it working.

Sorry, I don't have much help to offer, but maybe some of the other people on the site have some ideas about your timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)