So...what are the odds of Voom making a triumphant return?

Who ever said it had NO new content?
Several people did and in fact one said there has been nothing since 2001. Obviously, these folks don't know what they are talking about but the standard line is that Voom reran the same content with very little if any new content added, which is also not true. New content and new shows were added monthly BUT it was not the programming Joe Sixpack watches so who cares.

Voom will not return because it was a Charlie decision and the rest of the company is doing whatever it takes to deflect the results of that decision. The channels are still uplinked but no visible until Dish legal can determine that a judge will not respond with fines and penalties if the channels are actually taken offline.

They certainly CAN monitor the number of calls and emails even though they send out form responses. Why do you think that they can't.
I didn't say they can't I said they aren't. Charlie wants the channels gone and so they are. He doesn't care what the noise level is. This was done right at the same time the churn rate was climbing and the new sub rate was falling. Statistically, this will be part of that downtrend so that nobody notices what actually happened. It's business.

I didn't say they can't I said they aren't. Charlie wants the channels gone and so they are. He doesn't care what the noise level is. This was done right at the same time the churn rate was climbing and the new sub rate was falling. Statistically, this will be part of that downtrend so that nobody notices what actually happened. It's business.

No that is not what you said. "It's quite difficult to actually monitor customer reactions when you put your email adresses on autoresponder and ignore the messages coming in."

I am nootsaying that DISH is telling us the truth but there is no reason in the world why they couldn't or wouldn't be gauging customer reactions.

Several people did and in fact one said there has been nothing since 2001. Obviously, these folks don't know what they are talking about but the standard line is that Voom reran the same content with very little if any new content added, which is also not true. New content and new shows were added monthly BUT it was not the programming Joe Sixpack watches so who cares.

Voom will not return because it was a Charlie decision and the rest of the company is doing whatever it takes to deflect the results of that decision. The channels are still uplinked but no visible until Dish legal can determine that a judge will not respond with fines and penalties if the channels are actually taken offline.

If anyone said that they were wrong. But the vast majority of comments indicated taht they had very little that was original not none at all.

No that is not what you said. "It's quite difficult to actually monitor customer reactions when you put your email adresses on autoresponder and ignore the messages coming in."

I am nootsaying that DISH is telling us the truth but there is no reason in the world why they couldn't or wouldn't be gauging customer reactions.

I've highlighted my words to help you read it more clearly what I said.

If anyone said that they were wrong. But the vast majority of comments indicated taht they had very little that was original not none at all.
That's why I posted Sean's post links to show people who didn't really watch Voom regularly that they did indeed have new content and new shows added regularly. Most commentors who said that Voom had little new comment were most likely drive by viewers, not dedicated viewers like others here who know what I'm talking about.

I've highlighted my words to help you read it more clearly what I said.

you do NOT know that they are ignoring the messages. I know that alot of you are uspet about VOOM but some of you have lost all objectivity about this thing and see it as giant black or white issue.

As for the other issue I think that themajority of people commenting on repeats never said that everything was arepeat--just that so much was that they lost interest in VOOM---and many of those comments came from people who dis watch the channels.

I watched VOOM on a regular basis up until 11/07 when they cut back programming and started looping the same two or three programs on many of the channels over a 24 hour+ window. E* gave me an opportunity to drop VOOM and save 10 bucks a month when they started the tiered HD packages. A few weeks before VOOM was dropped, it appears that they did in fact beef up programming, however, by that time it was too late.

I watched VOOM on a regular basis up until 11/07 when they cut back programming and started looping the same two or three programs on many of the channels over a 24 hour+ window. E* gave me an opportunity to drop VOOM and save 10 bucks a month when they started the tiered HD packages. A few weeks before VOOM was dropped, it appears that they did in fact beef up programming, however, by that time it was too late.

Exactly!!!

I think when Dish went to the tiered packaging they had a lot of people drop down because Voom wasn't worth it for them. I don't think the money Dish was paying Voom was showning a return. Plus, MonstersHD was horrible for a few months. I myself could not justify paying $10 for what they were offering. I think everybody who is upset with Dish needs to take a good look at where the real problem was.
I for one think this was a good business decision by Dish and I am happy they are gone. It saves me another $5 downgrade fee when Voom started slacking again.

While I did watch Voom regularly, it was also true that the channels were not maintained in any reasonable way.

For example:

- They would show a live La Liga (Spain) soccer match every week in HD.
- Then during the week, rather than repeating that match - so you could see it if you missed it, instead they would repeat some random match from that season and the Guide listings would never state which match was being shown.
- The weekly highlight show was never shown at a fixed time, the new show was never indicated in the Guide, and they would repeat random highlight shows from previous weeks during that week.

In fact, Voom Guide Listings rarely gave any accurate information.

My wife likes the fashion shows, and UltraHD showed all the Paris, Milan and London shows a few days after they happened (unlike Style channel which shows much less, and usually 6 months late).

But the Guide Listings never indicated which fashion show was being aired.

In the last month, they finally started indicating "Paris" or "Milan" or "London", but then the listings would be identical for all shows, so instead of recording the new show, the DVR would state "skipped - program already exists in DVR". :rolleyes:

Even worse was that I learned to record those shows at 3:00 a.m. Why ??
Because during Prime Time, UltraHD would run a scroll of "celebrity news" -
which they placed across the top of the screen about 25% of the way down - in other words - right across the faces of the models. I kid you not. Several emails never resulted in any change on this insane scroll. :rolleyes:

The Dish lawsuit makes a lot of sense since the Voom service was like a luxury apartment that you were renting from a landlord who was dead with no heirs ! (Appropriate for MonstersHD, eh? )

It certainly seems like no one was at home running the show. All sorts of programs were repeated in a random fashion, the Guide listings were terrible (Rave listings rarely indicated which artists would perform in the Montreux shows), and the repeats were legendary and brainless (instead of repeating the same two movies 20 times, why not show 20 movies you showed last year ?).

We call this kind of comment a "pantload"...

It's quite difficult to actually monitor customer reactions when you put your email adresses on autoresponder and ignore the messages coming in.
In addition to what was mentioned earlier, you can count the number of cancellations. And over in the cancellation department, there's a lot of relief over how smoothly this takedown has gone compared to past takedowns.

In addition to what was mentioned earlier, you can count the number of cancellations. And over in the cancellation department, there's a lot of relief over how smoothly this takedown has gone compared to past takedowns.

Doesn't mean a thing. Most are holding out hope that they will be back and have not cancelled. Even the Csr's state that they could be back- a scare tactic by Charlie.

Doesn't mean a thing. Most are holding out hope that they will be back and have not cancelled. Even the Csr's state that they could be back- a scare tactic by Charlie.

This is true, I am waiting to see what happens but if nothing happens I will downgrade and when my contract is up I am gone.

Who ever said it had NO new content?
Seriously?!?! You're seriously asking this question...

Among many others, examples of those who say Voom has "little to no new content and endless loop repeats of episodes from 2003" are those who are unhappy that we dont have FX HD and Speed HD, and want the demise of Voom to make room for what they want.

With those I can live with that but I cant substitute MonstersHD.
Watched an MGM HD movie last night, "Planet of the Vampires," hoping for a MonstersHD equivalent experience. It was first listed when the MGM switch was thrown, but it conflicted with Hockey and another program so it could not be recorded then. I had wait until it was aired again. Thankfully MGM does not repeat like VOOM, so I had wait 5 or 6 days to record it (roll of eyes inserted here). Watching the movie was like a visit to the dentist and all my teeth had to be removed without anesthesia. Come to think of it, the dentist visit would have made a better movie.

IF and that is a big IF, they return it will be 5 channels that combine all the content that you had in 15 mixed throughout the channels. It will mean complete capitulation to what CHARILE wants. Voom needs to remember that he owns the sat they broadcast on so they better listen to what he wants or they will be out of luck . I think 5 channels labeled say :

Voom sports & news- combine all the content that was on the sports channels and news.
Voom Movies - combine all the different movie content you had from the MOnsters and other movie channels .

And so on. They could label them what they wanted to but they should be generic titles that combine all the different content and this would provide complete variety of programming and would limit the amount of reruns .

But I doubt that they will return at all. By June 30th cablevision itself will end their contract with Voom to broadcast some of the voom channels on their cable service and they are the majority owner. So by the end of June 30th I see the chances of Voom returning or even continuing service at 0.

Seriously?!?! You're seriously asking this question...

Among many others, examples of those who say Voom has "little to no new content and endless loop repeats of episodes from 2003" are those who are unhappy that we dont have FX HD and Speed HD, and want the demise of Voom to make room for what they want.

I don't understand why you guys say there was new content, sure, but very little, I watched Monsters all the time until the same movies get repeated over and over again, same with Rave, loved that channel when I first got it, but then the new content was very little, so MOST of the time it was the same shows lived over and over. IOW, yes there was new content, but not alot to make me say I miss the voom channels that much, I was bummed at first, but now realize there wasn't much I was missing, especially when your missing alot of repeats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)