So...what are the odds of Voom making a triumphant return?

I vote for a $3.99 a month Voom Movie channel like package which will be made avl to all Sat and Cable providers including Cox and DirecTV.

By allowing it to be offered on all providers Voom will make enough money at $3.99 per month (less the providers cut) to stay in business AND provide quality NON rerun all the time programming.

Hellraiser for me! Damn it looked so good on Monsters. I went nuts for Planet of the apes, The day the earth stood still and Tales from the crypt..

Damn dish network!!

I vote for a $3.99 a month Voom Movie channel like package which will be made avl to all Sat and Cable providers including Cox and DirecTV.

By allowing it to be offered on all providers Voom will make enough money at $3.99 per month (less the providers cut) to stay in business AND provide quality NON rerun all the time programming.

Id even pay 9.99 if need be..Sign me up!

VOOM has been available to other providers since 2005---although our understanding is in a more or less take it or leave it mannner. Have any of them expressed an interest in carrying anything like this?

After the legal dust settles, given the track record of E's legal team, Voom has a strong chance of returning. Only one court has acted on this case and only in terms of a "preliminary" action. E has not been cleared of any wrong doing yet. They just haven't been told they cannot take action while the case is being heard.

E makes deals and then finds ways to back out and they keep getting caught. I'll stick around though to benefit from E being forced to carry them once again. Unless a more stable provider picks them up.

After the legal dust settles, given the track record of E's legal team, Voom has a strong chance of returning. Only one court has acted on this case and only in terms of a "preliminary" action. E has not been cleared of any wrong doing yet. They just haven't been told they cannot take action while the case is being heard.

E makes deals and then finds ways to back out and they keep getting caught. I'll stick around though to benefit from E being forced to carry them once again. Unless a more stable provider picks them up.

It can be years before a case like this makes it to trial, then goes through appeals. Look at the other cases you mentioned. Each took many years.

The only way VOOM survives and comes back is to make a deal with Dish. This would also mean settling the lawsuit. Dish is making it very clear VOOM has to act quickly because they are about to fill up the satellite with other "HD" channels and will not have room for VOOM in 30 days or less.

A little history: We had DISH and dumped them for VOOM satellite service. That lasted for six weeks and then VOOM went dark. (I still have two VOOM boxes in the basement). We switched back to Comcast's HD service.

About a year later DISH, picked up VOOM and there was an additional charge of $5.00 per month for the VOOM package. Later DISH just absorbed the $5.00 into their HD package, and as we all know dumped VOOM. So we signed up again with DISH-HD.

Hey DISH, now that you have dumped the VOOM service, I want my bill reduced by $5.00 per month, and also credit my account for the past several months for the overcharge!

~​

I need to read all the legal documents more closely, but I thought the injunction Voom was seeking that was not granted was about being placed into the HD Ultimate tier.

E* removing Voom completely, and presumably no longer paying them at all, is a serious matter. I'd like to know what Rainbow is doing to seek reinstatement. I dont believe that we've seen any court documents that grants E* the right to cancel the carriage agreement entirely, have we?

E* has marked off 20 Temp HD channels on 61.5 and 129, and I'm guessing they dont plan to put any Voom channels on any of those 20. Since E* was Voom's only national carrier, I'm sure hoping Voom is busy doing something to address this. Not sure how it works if Voom were somehow able to force E* (via some emergency court action) to reinstate, and E* doesnt have any bandwidth available to put from 1 to all 15 back up.

I really think E* had been planning dumping Voom all along to use the bandwidth for these mainstream channels. <Sigh>...

My understanding is that Dish launched a satellite recently that failed.

I thought that satellite was launched for the Olympics, for hand held devices.

I later read, after the satellite failed, that the satellite was going to expand Dish's HD capacity.

I'm not sure if Dish was trying to keep the HD purpose of that satellite secret or not. It would make sense not to announce it (especially if it fails, no dish subscribers to let down).

Now Charlie is frantically adjusting satellite space, bringing Dish into alignment with DirecTV (since we all know Dish lost almost all new subscribers to DirecTV since their HD roll-out).

If dish wants to lease out crappy satellite space verses launching their own technologies - fine.

But a monthly bill of $125 for less SD and less HD compared to $95 for more SD and more HD and already launched satellites - well, now I have some more motivation for a complete switch.

I now hope that DirecTV finishes it's buy-out of Replay TV and creates a kick ass DVR soon.

PS - DirecTV has a kick ass VOD that is free and offers almost every channel - miss a show , download it. Compared to Dish's pay-us-more VOD service with nothing free.

PSS - Comcast cable also has Fear.net and a Monster HD VOD service. I hate Comcast cable, and would not switch, but even cable now beats Dish when it comes to monsters.

But dish still has a few months to launch in July and for me to see what they do with Voom.

I need to read all the legal documents more closely, but I thought the injunction Voom was seeking that was not granted was about being placed into the HD Ultimate tier.

E* removing Voom completely, and presumably no longer paying them at all, is a serious matter. I'd like to know what Rainbow is doing to seek reinstatement. I dont believe that we've seen any court documents that grants E* the right to cancel the carriage agreement entirely, have we?

Either way (tier change or dropping) breaks the agreement. VOOM wanted the injunction to force Dish back into the agreement.

It can be years before a case like this makes it to trial, then goes through appeals. Look at the other cases you mentioned. Each took many years.

The only way VOOM survives and comes back is to make a deal with Dish. This would also mean settling the lawsuit. Dish is making it very clear VOOM has to act quickly because they are about to fill up the satellite with other "HD" channels and will not have room for VOOM in 30 days or less.
I agree that it could take years before this matter is resolved by the courts...however, if E* is found to have violated their use of the termination clause, then VOOM would be entitled to back payments and damages, perhaps into the hundreds of millions. Additionally, while we don't know the specifics of the agreement, I think it is reasonable to conclude that if the VOOM15 channels were ever sold to other providers a la carte or in other bundles (i.e. VOOM3 consisting of Monsters, Rave, and Equator) then E* would be provided with the same options. I would assume the same would apply if any of the VOOM channels sold in a premium tier.

I have no idea what will happen, but it's always interesting when you're a Dish Network subscriber.

After many more days of being totally lost without having the Voom channels anymore, I think the whole thing just comes down to money. If the situation was reversed, and it was E* who had the 'sweetheart' deal and was getting Voom on the cheap, I don't think Charlie would have necessarily pulled Voom. He doesnt really care about the debate over repeats. He's just using that now as a way to get out of the deal he struck. If Voom was cheap for him to carry he'd be carrying it. Voom made the mistake of repeating their program in the manner they repeated it. If they had randomized the repeats more, like the other channels do, their would have been less complaints. I'm so lost without Voom, that I'd be willing to pay for a separate Voom pak, or would subscribe to a Voom IPTV service like Sky Angel just switched to.

After the legal dust settles, given the track record of E's legal team, Voom has a strong chance of returning.
I think you should re read Vooms modified complaint.

No where in there is VOOM even requesting to be returned to the Dish Network lineup. My feeling is that the 15 VOOM channels will cease to exist altogether after June 30th. (Their contract to be carried on Cablevision expires on the 30th)

In fact I will go as far as saying it appears now there is no desire to market the 15 VOOM channels to other providers by Rainbow Media. I have said it before and will say it again it would be best for Rainbow Media to retire VOOM and offer some of the good channels seperately. I could see cable and satellite companies carrying channels like Monsters and Kung Fu. They just dont want to be forced to carry all 15 VOOM channels.

did you see the charlie chat last night tex? it's over. voom ain't coming back. out of the tuna's mouth. moving on.

Scott have you talked to anyone about Rainbow sectioning off the channels, or is just what you are hoping? I think this would be the perfect scenario.

Dish tec support told me today that they are renegotiating their contract because Voom wants more money and as soon as they come to an agreement they will be back, However what does tech support know? Not much.