So, what is up with all the HD games.

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I've read on this forum that Dish will carry the VS HNL playoff games in HD. I checked the guide yesterday, saw the NHLHD channel, but there was nothing broadcasted on that channel.

I also see the FSN WEST HD and FSN PRIME HD (West 2), but there is nothing broadcasted on those channels also. Not even baseball games.

Any info on when we start to see any games on those channels?

Games are listed on guide for NHL HD channel starting tomorrow with some nights have two or three games listed. Not sure on the other channels you listed.

Note: there are not games listed on NHL HD channel after game four on any series, but that may change as each series continues. Also games do not show up in searches.

VS HD should have the Canucks/Stars game on the NFLHD channel tonight, 9PM EDT.

AIUI, if VS isn't showing the game, E* won't show it on that channel.

Here is a link to the VS playoff schedule.

Last edited:
The NHLHD is supposed to be on channel 9463 correct? I clicked on that Wednesday prior to the Penguins game and got a pop up message that it was blacked out in my area!!:confused:

In checking Fox sports Prime and West website, there isn't too much broadcast in HD at this time. Next week we will see some Dodgers and Giants games but that's about it.
Maybe this is what Charlie meant by (not enough content)

Leroy

Proverbial Chicken or the Egg..

No content, dont carry it. No One Carry's it, dont produce content.

All the RSN's will carry are the "selected" games done in HD.

FSN North will have 40 Twins games this year (but of course Charlie doesnt get us that one...)

Each year the FSN stations seem to be adding more and more content, as I am sure they are adding more and more HD equipment and dont need to send it around the country to do the broadcasts..

What about Ducks playoff games, none of them will be in HD?

It doesn't look good - for the first round, anyway. VERSUS had scheduled one for 4/15 but that's been removed (it would likely have been blacked out in my area, but interestingly, when they joined the Ducks game in progress last night, it wasn't).

The LA Times had an article yesterday that basically said there was no interest to carry the series nationally.

Maybe if they renamed themselves the Los Angeles Ducks of Anaheim? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)