So who has added and canceled DHPP?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
People keep posting about adding the DHPP and then canceling after they get their new equipment installed. But has anyone actually done this? I find it hard to believe that Dish would let you cancel this so soon after work has been completed without some kind of cancellation fee or something.

I did this a few months ago, at the recommendation of a CSR!! I was shocked when she suggested it, but she told me I could spend $xx on the service call, or add DHPP right then, and not pay anything. It was the silliest thing ever.

I did this a few months ago, at the recommendation of a CSR!! I was shocked when she suggested it, but she told me I could spend $xx on the service call, or add DHPP right then, and not pay anything. It was the silliest thing ever.

Over the ten years i've had dish i've done it numerous times. Previously they didn't care.

if you own a DVR and don't have DHPP a new receiver can be costly with no DHPP. Yes you can get a refurb and most replacements are. But i'd rather pay the $72 a year apposed to more than that for 1 dvr replacement.

if you own a DVR and don't have DHPP a new receiver can be costly with no DHPP. Yes you can get a refurb and most replacements are. But i'd rather pay the $72 a year apposed to more than that for 1 dvr replacement.

If you don't have the protection you'll just pay for the shi[[ing to get the replacement unit. It's free with the insurance. Been there done that.

I've had DHPP ever since I went to a HD DVR. Since then had one receiver swap and 2 remotes replaced and one wing dish added for HD LiLs, all at no additional charge. Is it worth it? To me it is. Everyone has to make that decision for themselves...

I added it when I had a problem in January, then had another problem. Everything was free (including shipping) under the plan. Then I canceled it in February (only had to pay for one month). I did not have to pay the cancellation fee because I had added it before the new policy was in place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts